A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, September 26, 2011

Tokyo Game Show 2011 / 4th Birthday in Japan


Days 1278 - 1284 Sunday, September 18, 2011 - Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 1278 ( Tokyo Game Show 2011 )

Sunday, September 18, 2011


Left out of my apartment early this morning, along with my visiting friend. Then met up with my Japanese friend. We then met up with another Jamaican and his Japanese wife to go to the Tokyo Game show. I can say that I have never seen so many people at one location in my entire life.

The Tokyo Game Show is where loads and loads of game developers show off their up coming games. In other words, nerd heaven.

Games that were being displayed includes:

Devil May Cry, Asura's Wrath, Call of duty Modern Warfare 3, Marvel vs Capcom
and of course a whole host of others... We were not supposed to take videos of the games being displayed, but myself and many many others just simply couldn't help ourselves. They had to be putting "Stop making video" signs in front of our cameras.

Here is a video I took of it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1qwVnnCcU






















































I was standing at a booth area where a Street Fighter competition was going on. Then they started throwing out T-shirts and caps in the crowd. I initially caught a cap but then it slipped out of my hand and a kid caught it. But I ended up catching a T-shirt afterwards. This one. It has "for gamers" written in small letters at the back in green.






















Again you can check out my visiting friend's blog at
http://www.jamaipanese.com/tokyo-game-show-2011-highlights-booth-babes-cosplay-showfloor/

For more pictures and a better review of the days event.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1279 { 4th Birthday in Japan }

Monday, September 19, 2011

I celebrated my 4th birthday in Japan today. And again I feel like I am getting old. No wonder today was a special holiday in Japan. Guess what is the name of the holiday translated in English???? Respect your Elder's Day !!!! Why did this day fall on my birthday seriously???

My Japanese friend took me out today to a place about 30 mins from my apartment name Enoshima. First we went to an island via a bridge to look at a shrine. We then ate clam as well as ribs at a Hawaiian restaurant.














This is my friend who took me out.






























After eating at the Hawaiian restaurant, we went to an aquarium to look at some deep sea creatures as well as a dolphin show. The best dolphin show I have seen so far.


































Here is a video I took of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4xwqDCXGVw&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1317031464










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1280 [ 3 Years 6 Months ]

Tuesday, September 20, 2011


Noting special today.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1281 ( Typhoon scheduled to hit )
Wednesday, September 21, 2011


The principal at my school today told me to leave early because a BIIG typhoon is on its way. So what to do but to obey the principal?

Where I was, the typhoon wasn't all that bad but it had some really strong winds. It also caused havoc elsewhere. A friend of mine said he was stranded for like 5 hours because the trains stopped running for a bit.

Before this, some teachers helped me to locate a karate gym using a map. So I now have the location to a karate gym that does my style of karate. I hope to visit there soon.


Here is the news about the Typhoon.



Typhoon Roke slammed into Honshu on Wednesday and started making its way northeast, with the Meteorological Agency calling for "the greatest possible vigilance."
News photo
A taxi is partially crushed by a tree uprooted by the typhoon's powerful winds in Tokyo on Wednesday night. KYODO
The 15th typhoon of the season landed near Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture, at around 2 p.m., bringing strong winds and heavy rain to vast areas of western and northern Japan.
There were seven casualties in Kanagawa, Gifu, Aichi, Ehime, Saga and Nagasaki prefectures as of Wednesday afternoon. The body of a man in his 50s or 60s was found in a river in Nagoya in the early morning.












http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110922a1.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1282 ( Chased by a suzumebachi )

Thursday, September 22, 2011


I was heading to work this morning, when I was attacked by what the Japanese call a suzumebachi. We would say hornet in English. I saw the thing flying around, then it suddenly landed on my hand. I shook it off and ran like crazy. But this thing started chasing me.

I slowed down a bit, only to feel the thing crawling up the collar of my shirt. I started brushing and fanning frantically everywhere and ran off again, to which it chased me again. I ran faster of course, and kept running until it was out of sight. Believe me, you do not want to be stung by one of those things.

Look at this video to see what I am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7sJ5TZsJ-Q


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1283 ( Around Yokohama Bay and to the Clubs )

Friday, September 23, 2011


Today was another holiday in Japan. Autumn equinox - the beginning of Autumn. Suddenly the place is a bit chilly. Just 1 day made the difference. Yesterday was scorching hot, today is chilly.

My visiting blogger friend is leaving on Sunday, so I took him and my Japanese friend around to China town, then to the Yokohama Bay area. We also went in front of the tallest building in Japan. The Yokohama Landmark Tower.




















We also saw a Japanese magician guy doing some neat tricks.
















In the night we went to the clubs in the Roppongi area of Tokyo. One of the clubs was a reggae club name KINGSTON.
















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1284

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Came back from Roppongi this morning then slept. I then followed my blogger friend to the 100 yen shop to do some last minute shopping. While coming back from the 100 yen shop I saw......
What the heck is that thing!!!!!!
















Yeah a preying mantis (kamakiri in Japanese)

1 comment:

Bjorn J. said...

The pic is awesome, where you are pointing down lol