A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jamaican and Japanese Couples

Days 1285 - 1291
Sunday, September 25, 2011 - Saturday, October 1, 2011



Day 1285 ( Jamaipanese going Going Home / )
Sunday, September 25, 2011

My blogger friend is heading back to Jamaica today, so I followed him to the station. We were running late but luckily he caught the train to the airport just on time. That was pretty much my excitement for the day. The coming days are going to be a bit boring, just work and more work.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1286 (Jamaican - Japanese Couple )
Monday, September 26, 2011

Went to work like normal today, got to my apartment and did Bible study with my friends in Niimi via Skype.

Jamaican / Japanese couple

There are a couple of Jamaican/Japanese couples here in Japan. Especially in Tokyo. HEre is one of the stories published in the press.


Yukiko Ariga, 39, a Tokyo native, visited Jamaica, where her friend was living, twice on holiday because she loved reggae music. Eventually, she decided that she wanted to do something different in her life, so she went to live and work in the Caribbean nation in 1998.
News photo
Family portrait: Yukiko Ariga and her husband, Gregory Arnold, sit with their three children (from left) Mio, Eugene and Chika in their apartment in west Tokyo. MAMI MARUKO PHOTO
She worked as a secretary at Jamaica UCC Blue Mountain Coffee Co., where she met her future husband, Gregory Arnold, from St. Andrew, who was a sales manager there.
On the first day at her new job, the first phone call she received was coincidentally from Gregory. They met face to face for the first time on Yukiko's birthday, and worked together on a team arranging the visit to Jamaica of the president of the Japanese parent company. They became closer, started dating and got married after 1½ years.
Later, due to problems at the workplace, Yukiko quit the company and Gregory quit a couple of months later. The couple came to Japan in 2000 and searched for a job and a place to live.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/fl20110927mm.html#.ToXYi9UJUDY.facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1287
Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My plastic retainers are slowly cracking up. So I queried the price for building a new set in Yokohama, and it cost like 50,000 yen (US 470). Heck No!!!! So I asked my orthodontist back in Okayama and he said it will cost only 10,000 yen ( US 70). So I will ask them to build a new one.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1288 ( Jewel thief gets 10 years in prison )
Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nothing special happened today. Just a normal to work and back day.


Jewel thief gets 10 years.


A Montenegrin member of the "Pink Panther" international gang of thieves was sentenced to 10 years in prison by the Tokyo District Court on Wednesday over a 2007 heist in Tokyo involving nearly ¥300 million worth of jewelry.
Rifat Hadziahmetovic, 43, was charged with stealing a ¥200 million diamond tiara and a necklace worth ¥84 million from the Exelco Diamond store in the Ginza district after spraying tear gas at clerks in June 2007.
He was extradited from Spain in August 2010 and indicted in Japan the following month.
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nn20110929b4.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1289 ( Meetings Meetings )
Thursday, September 29, 2011

I was exhausted after work today but I still had a meeting with my company. I was actually falling asleep on the train while heading to the meeting. The good thing is that these meetings are quite informative and its always good to see other foreigners around. Meetings are once a month and we are all tired before and after the meetings.

Back in Okayama we had meetings only once every 3 or 4 months. Yeah the city is crazy busy.

We did a brief speed date kind of thing, where each teacher would share for 3 minutes, an activity to teach the kids. Then we would have to change partners and do the same thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1290
Friday September 30, 2011

Today they scrapped one of the classes at my main school, because of Sports Day practice. I am almost never informed when my classes are scrapped or changed at this school. Actually, if this happens, I should report it to my company but for the sake of peace with everyone, I let it slide. It doesn't really inconvenience me in any way, except that I just need to know what is going on.

However, what I don't like is when the teachers come to me at 3:25 to plan for the next lesson, while fully knowing I should leave at 3:30. This happened today, and I ended up leaving at around 3:45. I especially don't like leaving late at this school because they don't want me to leave early even if no one wants to plan anything with me. The other schools allow me to leave early, once I'm through planning with the teachers for the next lesson.

The principal at this school seem very interested in my classes. But instead of him stopping and looking, he walks by, sticks his head in, smiles then continue walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1291

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stayed in all day today, wasting time playing Modern Warfare 2 and Assassin's Creed 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@BJ - Yeah I can touch buildings from afar .... ^^

No comments: