A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Iphone 4s Debut / Jamaican Singer on Japanese TV


Days 1299 - 1305

Sunday, October 9, 2011 - Saturday, October 15, 2011

This week was sort of boring and tiring also.


Day 1299 { Dexter Season 6 }
Sunday, October 9, 2011

Went to church today, then watched the first episode of Dexter season 6.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1300 { Jamaican on Japanese TV }
Monday, October 10, 2011

Today was another Japanese holiday, so I stayed in all day and
watched the second episode of Dexter today. Also saw a Jamaican singing Japanese songs on Japanese TV....

This is what I recorded ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFdvQlAWG5s

She came in second overall.


This is what someone else recorded.... It has more information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CGnPOB2SRis#!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 1301 ( Japan bailing out EU countries )
Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Had only 2 classes today at my main school. I waited until about 3pm but all the teachers seem busy doing their own thing so I left.


Bailing out EU countries

Can you believe that Japan in trying to help out EU countries like Spain and Greece, has given over 3 Trillion yen???? Thats equivalent to 38 Billion US dollars. This is a rich country, but has the biggest public debt in the entire world...



Ten major Japanese financial institutions have a combined exposure of around ¥3 trillion in the form of investments and loans to Greece and four other financially troubled European countries, according to survey findings compiled by Kyodo News on Friday.
While none of the institutions own government bonds issued by Greece in the midst of a deepening sovereign debt crisis, Italian government bonds account for a large portion of their exposure to the five countries, also including Portugal, Ireland and Spain, the survey found.
Of Japan's three biggest banking groups, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. has the largest investment and loan balance, of ¥1.5 trillion, including ¥350 billion worth of Italian and Spanish government bonds.


http://search.japantimes.co.jp/mail/nb20111015a8.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1302 { Exhausted}
Wednesday, October 12, 2011

I was exhausted after my third class today. I actually felt as if I was going to faint. The English supporter saw it on my face and asked me afterwards if I was fine. I reassured her that I was ok.

I wonder if it is because of my bad habit of simply grabbing a bread, sipping some orange juice, taking a quick bath then running out of the apartment to catch the train almost every morning, which is causing this exhaustion?? Sometimes I skip any one, two or three of those steps depending on the time I get up. I am simply not a morning person and I can't help it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1303
Thursday, October 13, 2011

Had my evening conversation student after work today. We spoke mostly about getting the iphone 4s which will be released tomorrow. We also spoke about the Jamaican school system as well as my family and her family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1304 ( iphone 4s debut in Japan )

Friday, October 14, 2011

I went to the dentist after work today to clean and to get a plaster model of my teeth. Shortly after, I went to a softbank shop, which is one of the cell phone companies in Japan, to order an iphone 4s. They said as soon as they have them in stock, they will give me a call.

I then had dinner at a restaurant nearby my apartment.



iphone 4s debut



Apple Inc.'s latest iPhone model debuted Friday in the domestic market, and for the first time it is being sold by two rival carriers, a move expected to heat up the cellphone competition.
Softbank Corp., which has been the sole iPhone agent for the last three years, and newcomer KDDI Corp. both bragged about their strengths to customers. In short, Softbank stressed experience and KDDI boasted connectivity.
Hundreds of frenzied consumers lined up at many shops across the nation to purchase the new iPhone 4S.
KDDI, the nation's second-biggest carrier in terms of subscriber numbers, joined the festive mood of the launch by providing the product from its au brand, breaking Softbank's dominance in selling Apple's popular handsets in Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1305 ( Green Lantern )
Saturday, October 15, 2011

Another lazy day. I stayed in and watched Green Lantern. I honestly thought it was going to be a waste of time, but it was surprisingly good. I give it 6.5/10.

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave - did you watch the entire episode with the Jamaican girl singing? I trying to figure out if in your opinion, the american deserved to win...or is just Japanese loving America as usual