A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Visiting Temples and Shrines in Kyoto




Day 1306 (SamSung Suing Apple)
Sunday, October 16, 2011

Went to church then back to my apartment to do some reading.
I finally ended Assassin's creed 2.

So Samsung is suing Apple to try get them to halt selling the Iphone 4s. I wonder if that has anything to do with why I still can't receive my phone after a week of ordering it.


Samsung Electronics Co. filed suits against Apple Inc. in Japan and Australia to stop sales of iPhone 4S, adding to similar complaints in France and Italy.
Injunctions against the sale of iPad2 and the previous generation iPhone 4 in Japan were also sought, the Suwon, South Korea-based company, said in a statement Monday. Samsung cited one telecommunications and three user-interface patents in the Japan case, and three covering wireless communications technologies for the Australia suit.
Monday's filing escalates the legal battle between the world's two biggest makers of smartphones and tablet computers.
An Australian court last week ruled to block the sales of Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1, while the South Korean technology company filed motions in Europe to prevent sales of Apple's latest handset.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nb20111018n3.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1307
Monday, October 17, 2011

Nothing special today. Just came back from work with a headache.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1308 ( New Student / 19 yo kill 44 yo girlfriend )
Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Someone interested in learning English looked at my profile and decided to sign up and learn English with me. The person in charge of getting the students told me that I have to do a trial lesson first, then the student will decide if they want to use me or not.

So I did the free trial lesson this evening and it was a success. My first actual lesson will be this Friday.


19 year old kill 44 year old girlfriend


A 19-year-old male was arrested for stabbing his 44-year-old girlfriend to death in a west Tokyo park Monday, claiming he wanted to "rescue" her from an illness she was suffering from, police said.
According to the Metropolitan Police Department, they received an emergency call from the boy after noon Monday that he had stabbed his girlfriend in her stomach at her request in Koganei Park.
Police officers rushed to the scene and found Keiko Nitto laying face up on the ground, they said. Nitto, who lives near the park, was confirmed dead at a hospital later in the day.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111019a9.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1309 (Toilet Bike)
Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Normal work day. Nothing special.

The toilet bike


Toilet Bike Neo, a three-wheeled motorcycle with a toiletlike seat, is not a "poop-powered bike" as reported by Huffingtonpost and other English-language websites, toilet maker Toto Ltd. said.
News photo
Loo rider: The Toilet Bike Neo runs on biogas. TOTO LTD.

Toilet Bike Neo, the sole purpose of which is to advertise Toto's environmental activities, is powered by biogas fuel made from livestock waste and household wastewater. The trike carries two tanks containing biogas behind a toilet lid.

However, a rider sits on the pottylike seat, which may have misled online journalists and bloggers.
"Lots of English websites wrote misleading articles," Toto spokesman Takuji Yano said.
Headlines on online news websites include "Poop-Powered Bike: TOTO Releases Motorbike Toilet That Runs On Feces" and "Japanese toilet company creates poop-powered bike" and "Toto Toilet Bike Neo, powered by poop, will tour Japan."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1310 ( Wrong topic / 3 Year 7 Months )
Thursday, October 20, 2011

Initially at my school today, the English coordinator would kindly put the topics that I should teach to each grade. Recently I noticed that she neither put the topic nor do the other teachers meet with me to tell me what's the next topic. The only information I get is what grade and the time that I should teach that grade.

So I ended up teaching the wrong thing to one class. It was afterwards I decided to ask the teachers what should I do.... According to the ministry of Education in Japan, we shouldn't really communicate with the teachers. Unless they want to communicate with us. I am not sure how this will work but I am trying my best, and this is what the result is like.... teaching wrong topics because of lack of communication.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1311 ( Evening Student / Going to Kyoto )
Friday, October 21, 2011

Had my evening conversation lesson today with my new student. He likes reggae music and seem to be well informed about the Jamaican culture. I am guessing that is why he chose me to be his teacher.

The lesson was to start at 6:30 pm at a Starbucks in Yokohama. But when we met at the starbucks, it was too full, so we went to a restaurant. I went with the intention to teach him about hobbies but we ended up talking about his job, about clubs and a hold host of other unrelated stuff. But it was an interesting conversation. We ended up staying at the restaurant until about 10:30pm when it was almost time for me to go and get the bus to go to Kyoto.

He paid me for the talking, because that wasn't really a lesson. Then I headed out to take the bus. The bus was 30 mins late because of rain and traffic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1312 ( Shrines in Kyoto )
Saturday, October 22, 2011

Met my friend at the bus stop in Kyoto this morning. We then visited 2 famous shrines in Kyoto. One is Heian Jinguu ( Heian is the old name of Kyoto )...

The other one is Fukimi Inari Taisha.


This is the Heian Jinguu
































This is Fushimi Inari Taisha

It has over 1000 of those orange gate thingys...



























Oh and it is protected by a fox statue with a knife in its mouth.










No comments: