A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Reporters first look at the Atomic plant in Fukushima / Immortals

Days 1334 - 1340 ---
Sunday, November 13, 2011 - Saturday, November 19, 2011



Day 1334 ( Reporters first look at the Atomic plant in Fukushima)
Sunday, November 13, 2011


Went to church then back to my apartment. I ordered Call of duty Modern Warfare 3 online, after hearing that one of my friends in Jamaica bought it.


Fukushima No. 1 tour an eye-opener

Radiation dangers temper sense of stability at scene of devastation


News photo
"Now 1,000 microsieverts (per hour)!"
News photo

The shout by a Tokyo Electric Power Co. worker, in full face mask and seamless white protective suit, sent tension high among the 18 journalists aboard a slow-moving bus inside the compound of the crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant.
As the bus moved near the badly damaged reactor 2 building, a radiation meter spiked to a level about 18,000 times higher than the everyday reading in Tokyo.
On Saturday, for the first time since the quake-tsunami disaster of March 11, reporters were allowed into the plant for a guided tour.
On that fateful day in March, 13-meter tsunami knocked out the plant's power, triggering meltdowns in three reactors and leading to massive radiation emissions.
In just one hour, had the bus not moved, the 1,000 microsieverts an hour — the highest encountered on the media tour — would have exposed everybody to a dose in excess of the annual legal limit for ordinary citizens.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111115f1.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1335
Monday, November 14, 2011

I think I heard a rather strict teacher at my main school said something about the English class today to another teacher. I am not quite sure what she said but maybe it had something to do with an English supporter who is 70 years old. Or it could be something about my teaching style. I am not quite sure however. But I am sure if there is a problem, my company or the English coordinator will say something to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1336 ( Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 )
Tuesday, November 15, 2011


Received Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 today. I started playing it in the night but the other players on the server made me look like a novice...







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 1337 ( Restroom tapes ? )
Wednesday, November 16, 2011


Another somewhat strict teacher at my school today was trying to say something to me about the English class and what she wants me to do. However she was speaking to me really fast in Japanese so I did not quite get everything she was saying. I am wondering what I am doing wrong in these teachers classes.

Osaka man held over restroom tapes

Police said Tuesday they have arrested a 26-year-old man in Osaka Prefecture on suspicion of secretly filming women in restrooms. They allegedly seized about 2,000 videos of women from him.

Toshiyuki Morikawa allegedly sneaked into women's restrooms, including at a supermarket in Osaka Prefecture, and secretly filmed three women between July and August. He sold other DVDs to three people between November 2010 and last May and received about ¥130,000.
According to the police, Morikawa, whose case has already been sent to prosecutors, has admitted earning about ¥4.5 million from sales of DVDs over the Internet during a period of about two years.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1338

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Had evening conversation this evening and he wanted to go to TGIF in Yokohama. So we went there and ate, drank and had English conversation. This student is funny though and we have good conversations. Today they had some sort of bartender show going on in TGIF ...










~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1339 ( Football Great Defeat )
Friday, November 18, 2011

Finally after 4 months of not even touching a football I decided to play in a football match with the elementary school teachers of my ward in Yokohama city. First let me explain how this ward thing works. Yokohama is a very big city. The biggest city in Japan outside of Tokyo actually, with 3.6 million people living here. So the city is divided up into 18 wards and I live and teach in the southern most ward name Kanazawa-ward.

Anyway I got some hints from other teachers that our ward is the weakest in soccer of all the wards. I even heard that we got defeated 11-0 two weeks ago by a ward name Totsuka-ward. What I wasn't told was that these matches are official 11 vs 11 full length football matches. I was always thinking it was 5 vs 5, small goal matches, like what we did the last time I went to training in July. And what I have been used to for the past 10 years. Yup, the last time I played a big field 11 vs 11 football game was probably back in about 2001.

I decided however to give this a try today but told the captain (who also happen to be a teacher at one of my schools) that I am going to probably be exhausted in about 10 mins or possibly less. We played against Hodogaya-ward and I managed to touch the ball only about 7 times all together. I did manage to get one kick at goal but that was it. We got defeated 8-0. A solid reminder that our team (Kanazawa -Ward) is in fact a weak team and that just maybe I am getting too old for football of this nature. I played the full first half but could hardly move my legs to go play the second half, so someone substituted for me. 8-0 is the biggest margin of defeat for me in my entire life of playing football. Got 6-0 and 7-1 before but 8-0 ???.... Never.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1340 ( Immortals )
Saturday, November 19, 2011

Watched a movie name immortals today at the theater. It was pretty decent but full of gore I guarantee you. It reminded me of the movie 300, which is one of my favourites of all time. I give immortals a solid 8/10. And I am sure they are going to have a part 2.














~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


@ Richard, I saw the problem and couldn't badda fix it. I finally fixed it now though....

@BJ I am not sure what you are drinking over there in Bahamas but I need some... Of course Green Lantern was better than Thor. Thor was a bit wishy washy, I was expecting much more from it ...

1 comment:

zRö TöLéRàNçE said...

Dave...you are a novice in MW3 - KMT
Yuh nuh good - lucky for you, our servers are too far apart so is pure lag between you and me but anyway you reach Jamaica, we can setup d PS3 and deliver some copper present to yuh headside :)