A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Very Cold Week

Days 1355 - 1361 ---
Sunday, December 4, 2011 - Saturday, December 10, 2011


Day 1355 ( Friend's New Bike ) 
Sunday, December 4, 2011


Went to church today. I should be performing a Christmas poem there in the next 2 weeks.

My former student and now a friend of mine who is living in Japan visited me today. He bought a 1000cc bike recently and rode it to my apartment. He got lost initially but I went for him on my BICYCLE.






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1356 ( Too Cold )
Monday, December 5, 2011

Today was extremely cold at work. I noticed that the cold and dryness in this area is causing between my fingers to get extra dry and bruised. I didn't have this kind of thing back in country side Japan even though it was really cold there. The cold here is dry and relentless. Maybe you can't see them well but check out the bruises between my fingers caused by the cold here.


I started the final course of my Masters program today.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1357 ( World's Oldest Dog Dies )
Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Nothing special today


World's Oldest Dog Dies


The world's oldest living dog, as recognized by Guinness World Records, has died at its home in Sakura, Tochigi Prefecture, at the age of 26 years and 9 months, equivalent to more than 125 years in human age, its owner said Tuesday.
News photo
Dog gone: Seen last December, Pusuke, recognized as the world's oldest dog, died Monday in Sakura, Tochigi Prefecture. 
Pusuke, a male crossbreed, had been showing a good appetite and kept up with its daily morning and evening strolls until Monday morning, when it suddenly refused to eat and appeared to have difficulty breathing, owner Yumiko Shinohara said. The pooch died peacefully in the afternoon, about five minutes after Shinohara returned home from running errands.
"I think (Pusuke) waited for me to come home," the 42-year-old housewife said, adding she was grateful for the many good memories the dog brought her over the years.
Pusuke received the Guinness certification last December.



http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111207b3.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1358 ( Too Tired After Work / 16 Year Old Boy Stabs Random Girl )
Wednesday, December 7, 2011

After work today, I dragged myself home because I was exhausted after teaching. I also feel like I am catching the cold AGAIN!!!! I was suppose to have evening lesson but I was thinking to myself that I wanted to cancel. However a little extra money in the pocket while just chatting random stuff is good motivation. So I was thinking that I was going to do the lesson anyway. It so happened that my student said he couldn't make it to class this evening because he had work. That was good news for me.

Boy, 16, held in girl's stabbing attack

Youth says he wanted to kill at random




A 16-year-old boy arrested in the stabbing of a 15-year-old girl in Misato, Saitama Prefecture, has said he did not know the victim and was carrying blades to kill pedestrians at random, the Saitama Prefectural Police said Tuesday.


The boy, a high school student in Misato, was arrested Monday evening on a street for illegally possessing a clasp knife with a 15-cm blade and a hatchet with a 17-cm blade. Police later added the charge of attempted murder after he admitted stabbing the girl Nov. 18.
The youth also indicated he may have been behind the stabbing of an 8-year-old girl in Matsudo, Chiba Prefecture, last week.
The boy, whose name has been withheld because he is a minor, told police that he stabbed the 15-year-old Saitama girl with a kitchen knife, which he was not carrying at the time of his arrest.
Police found more than 20 blades in the boy's home Monday. They are looking into why the youth apparently had a desire to kill people at random.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111207a2.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1359 ( Send me Topics Please )
Thursday, December 8, 2011

Earlier this week I asked my company to ask the English coordinator at my school today about what topics I should teach today (or at least where to look in a particular book that we use for lessons). I didn't really want to do this because I knew what was coming next. But I had no choice. I had no choice because last week I had no idea what to teach, because the information the coordinator gave me was not in the book we normally use. So I took a chance, went to school, then asked a grade 6 teacher what the heck I should teach. He looked up in the air then told me what it was. I searched the English room ( A room where English picture cards a kept ) for pictures relating to the topic I should teach today, but alas, there was none. So I created a similar topic and used the cards that were available.

I decided that this situation ain't gonna happen to me again. However I knew what the result was going to be and I was correct. The English coordinator came to me apologizing like crazy. So I explained to her what happened and told her that the best thing to do is to write the topic on the schedule. She said she will start to do that now and apologized again. Now she is starting to look as if she is afraid of me or something, which I never wanted to happen.


I got a message from my other student today for a lesson. At first I forgot where the meeting place was because I haven't been there in a while. But I eventually found it after asking a few questions.
Because she is pregnant, we spoke about some family stuff and how her parents treated her as a child.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1360 ( Jamaican Christmas Cake / Crazy Nurse )
Friday, December 9, 2011

Went to work this morning in ice cold rain!!! Eventually the whether got better but it was still cold as ever. I had only 4 classes, then I was falling asleep after lunch time. So I went to wash my face quickly. I started reading one of the books for my course but the principal said to me that I can leave since my classes are over and I already spoke with the teacher for my classes on Monday.

In the evening I got my Jamaican style Christmas cake that I ordered last week. It is kind of sweet but it's good.










Nurse jailed for tearing off toenails



I have never heard of anything like this in my life...



The Kyoto District Court on Wednesday sentenced a 38-year-old assistant nurse to three years in prison for tearing off the big toenails of four patients at a hospital in Kyoto in August.
Akemi Sato "repeated the vicious, relentless act for the selfish purpose of relieving work stress while she was in a position of taking care of patients," presiding Judge Akiyoshi Sasano said.
The prosecution had sought a six-year prison term for Sato, noting she could repeat the offense. The same court gave her a 44-month prison term in 2006 for removing the nails of six patients at another Kyoto hospital in 2004.


http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/nn20111208b3.html


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1361 ( PSVita )
Saturday, December 10, 2011

Went to purchase a chair with my "friend" today, because the chair in my apartment is killing my back. We went a few other places as well. Like I tested a game on the PSVita that will be released December 17, 2011.

We also saw the wicked looking Nissan Concept car. See picture below.




                                                                         




No comments: