A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, August 14, 2014

All the Prefectures I've Visited so Far in Japan After 6 Years / What Kind of brain do you have?


Video of the week:



Day 2325 ( Work but bored )
Thursday, July 31, 2014



Even though I'm really bored in the office, there is some random training going on that I pop in and out of. So I also have to help prepare some training packages. And I have to stay at work sometime until 7:30pm. It almost feels like torture. But it's work.

While heading home in the night, I stopped at a store name Aoyama to purchase a short sleeve working short. It was on sale and while getting the shirt, a staff member convinced me to apply for a credit card ... so I did.... I'm not so sure if I will get it but hey I tried.


-------------------------

Last week I performed some poems and here are the pics from the event:












*******************

*******************


Day 2326 ( Happy Emancipation Day Jamaica /Man rams Car into police station in southern Japan)
Friday, August 1, 2014

Today is a national holiday in Jamaica known as Emancipation day. 



Stayed at work today until 7:30 pm this evening, helping to make some stuff for an English camp next week. 

After work, I went to a Caribbean style restaurant that actually had Jamaican food. I bought Jerk chicken and rice and peas .... It was actually not too bad. Kinda pricey tho. 



---------------------------

Man rams car into police station in Kitakyushu


Police in Kitakyushu said Monday they have arrested a 54-year-old man after he drove his car through the entrance to a police station.
According to police, the incident occurred at the police station in Kokurakita Ward at around 11:50 p.m. Sunday. TV Asahi reported that the driver, identified as Shigemi Hisano, 54, drove his car through the glass doors and right up to the counter.
Nobody was hurt during the incident. Hisano was quoted as saying he hated police.
Police said Hisano was drunk at the time. 

*******************

*******************


Day 2327 ( Visiting Tochigi )
Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anybody who knows me, knows that I love traveling immensely ... within a country and internationally.
Went to Utsunomiya in Tochigi prefecture for the first time. The very first Japanese girl I dated was from this city. From there, I went to another famous part of Tochigi called Nikko. First I went to the highest waterfalls in Japan called Kegon no Taki ... or Kegon Waterfalls.




These photos somehow came out normal but it was actually raining like crazy. After the waterfalls, I had lunch then visited a lake not far from the waterfalls.







Later on in the evening, I visited an izakaya (Japanese style restaurant) and had some great Japanese food. I highly recommend the rural style izakayas in Japan...they are that much better than the urban ones.





*******************

*******************


Day 2328 ( World Heritage Site visit - Tosho-gu )
Sunday, August 3, 2014

So before Japan was unified as an economically powerful country, it was filled with wars and rumors of wars, known as the "Warring states period" or sengoku period. Basically all the states were just randomly fighting against each other for land or to get rid of the emperor or just anything. 

jidai. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sengoku_period




Until the 3 great unifiers of Japan.  They were:

Oda Nobunaga
The first unifier of Japan.


Toyomoti Hideyoshi 
The second Unifier of Japan; used to be a servant of Oda Nobunaga.

Tokygawa Ieyasu

The third Unifier of Japan; under his rule the Sengoku Period came to an end.



So yeah I visited the third guy's (Tokugawa Ieyasu) grave today in Nikko, Tochigi. Dude is like a demi-god in Japan. I was surprised to see the amount of foreigners here. But I was the only black guy around.... some how I always tend to notice this. 


People were praying to that tree on the left




http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikk%C5%8D_T%C5%8Dsh%C5%8D-g%C5%AB



*******************

*******************


Day 2329 ( All the Prefectures I've Visited so Far in Japan After 6 Years )
Monday, August 4, 2014

Another boring day at work, then met a friend of mine later on near the Yokohama station.

---------------------------


Japan has 47 prefectures or states... I'm trying to visit as much of them as possible.

Starting from the extreme south, I've been to the following prefectures:


1. Okinawa (47 on the map)



2. Fukuoka (40)
3. Kochi (39)
4. Hiroshima (34)




5. Okayama (33 lived here)
6. Shimane (32)
7. Tottori (31)
8. Nara (29)
9. Hyogo (28)
10. Osaka (27)




11. Kyoto (26 visited several times)
12. Shiga (25)
13. Aichi (23)
14. Shizuoka (22)
15. Yamanashi (19)
16. Fukui (18)
17. Ishikawa (17)
18. Toyama (16 working here)
19. Kanagawa (14 apartment is here)
20. Tokyo (13)
21. Chiba (12)
22.  Saitama (11)
23. Gunma (10)



24. Tochigi (9)

Ok so more than half of them I've already been to. I've passed through maybe 6 more but never really went there.


*******************

*******************


Day 2330 ( What Kind of Brain Do you have? )
Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Yet another meh day at work. But as soon as I got home, I started packing for my trip to Jamaica in 2 days. I also spoke for a while to a friend of mine living in the middle east. I'm being encouraged to think of a solid idea and just turn it into a business. Not sure what is a feasible plan now. A business woman that I was teaching English to last year was also encouraging me to do the same. But I do need a solid idea.... I will think of something !! I promise all of u readers ...  


---------------------------

Try out this brain game thing.... it apparently tells you what kind of brain you have. It says I have a philosophical brain

http://www.playbuzz.com/rachaelg/what-is-your-brain-actually-good-at




*******************

*******************


Day 2331 (  )
Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Actually did some work today ! Created and printed some information then made quite a few calls. I say no more. I then did my Wednesday private lesson at starbucks... of course I stopped doing this while in Toyama, but while I'm here, I will do it. Tomorrow I head to Atlanta, then Jamaica for a little over a week. Wow I think this is going to be my shortest trip to Jamaica ... And most expensive !Maybe I should have waited until December.

No comments: