A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Daily Life (Days 2360 – 2366 ) - Book #2 Coming Soon


Picture of the week:








Welcome to my new blog format where I will separate my daily life diary stuff, from the Japan news stuff. So you will be seeing 2 or three updates per week if I'm not too busy. I also may include some random stuff here if I had a very boring day. 


Days 2360 – 2366 
Thursday, September 4 – Wednesday, September 10, 2014


Days 2360 ( New Book Coming Soon )
Thursday, September 4, 2014

Ok so last week I was bored out of my wits at work and at home. And guess what? I decided today at work that I'm going to write another book! This is the working title for now.


Many parts of it I assume will change over time.

I am already looking forward to seeing the end result of this project.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2361 (Yaki tori in Takaoka)
Friday, September 5, 2014


After a boring day at work, I met up with 2 of my Jamaican friends as well as 2 of my newest Japanese friends. We had some really good laughs and a great time talking about Jamaican culture and the differences between the average Japanese and Jamaican.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2362 ( Sports Day )
Saturday, September 6, 2014


Went to the school's sports day today half asleep. I was soo tired..... Age is taking a toll...Even though I'm still young..... to add to it, they wanted me to run against some of the second and third year students today. Oh Lord.




So yeah, I got some practice by running against some of the second year students. I came in 2/8. Then in short order, I ran against some dudes from the track and field club. To my dismay.....I came in 5/8. But for reasons beyond me, the teachers and students were praising me saying that I can run very fast??? They especially like my running form, saying that my running form looks so cool and different from how they train Japanese students to run. Several teachers came up to me saying I looked like a real athlete. Ha ... I've never heard this before.


I eventually went up to the staff room and slept for a bit because I was even further exhausted after those 2 races. After the sports day, I helped cleaning up and taking down tents etc. then went home.

In the evening, I had to pay 8000 yen (US$80) for a teachers drinking party. I paying so much money for these darn drinking parties. They had sushi




and some other stuff that I didn't like but the other food was really good as well. So I filled my stomach with the food, alcohol and random drinks. I had to get my money's worth. Why are these parties so expensive tho? I don't get it.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2363 (  )
Sunday, September 7, 2014

Stayed in today pretty much working on my new book. I completed 3 chapters out of a possible 10.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2364 (  )
Monday, September 8, 2014

Got a day off today because of work on Saturday. Again I stayed in and worked on my upcoming book.



What do you think about this pic?

Also got my new leather sofa that I ordered over a week ago from Nitori.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2365 ( Wedding Invitation )
Tuesday, September 9, 2014


Did nothing at work today.

I got invited to the wedding of a friend of mine who lived in Niimi. The date is October 7. Unfortunately, the people from the Board of Education will be viewing my class in Toyama on that very day. Not to evaluate me, but more so the teacher who I will be teaching with.



I wish I could go to the wedding tho, seriously. I basically watched this once nervous, shy teenager, turned into a man and about to get married. Makes me wonder... Why am I not yet married at 33?  My dad already had like 4 kids at my age. My mom already had my sister. Jesus and Bob Marley died at my age !!!! Aah I'm feeling the urge to make my mother proud. But the marriage stories I hear so far is not at all encouraging ... sigh.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2366 ( Pay Day )
Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I got paid !!! and ooooh the bills are piling up... What is it with me getting more pay and my salary seems less? hmmm The Japanese government takes so much money from me that I won't get back. It is ridiculous. I think close to 50,000 yen (US $500) comes out of my salary every month. And I possibly have no chance of getting back a single yen.

Life insurance, Health insurance, tax, and pension. Then I physically had to go pay my residence tax today as well. 35,000 yen (US$350) every 3 months. Don't come here if you are not prepared to be raped of your hard earned money.



No comments: