A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Daily Life (Days 2367 – 2373 ) My Ultimate Marriage List / Mighty Crown Reggae Party in Toyama


Photo of the Week:





Days 2367 – 2373 
Thursday, September 11 – Wednesday, September 17, 2014




Day 2367 ( Birthday Party Planning )
Thursday, September 11, 2014


Got a hair cut today then went to the Jamaican restaurant in Toyama to get 2 more tickets for some friends who are going to an old school reggae event on Saturday. Also finalized plans for my birthday party next week.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2368 (My Ultimate Marriage List / Ordering iphone 6 plus)
Friday, September 12, 2014

Did nothing at work today but sat down the entire day thinking about a list of things that I look for in my ideal marriage candidate. I know there is no perfect person and that there is probably no one with all the characteristics that I'm going to list but hey.... I had nothing to do but think today at work.


Ok so here is the list ... all out of 10.

My Ultimate Marriage List

Attractive 
If I'm not attracted to the person then it makes absolutely no sense. Beauty etc will eventually go but at least I need to be physically attracted to the person from the get go.

Smart 
Doesn't have to be a university graduate but smart enough to have decent conversations and good ideas.

Good Communication 
Preferably not too talkative but as long as we can speak about anything and understand each other.

Respect My "Leave me alone" time 
I don't like to be bothered. And at times I just want to be by myself whether to watch something or play a game.

Kind
Speaks for itself.

Loyal / Honest
Speaks for itself.

Fun to be around 
I like to have a good time, and I like when people are having a good time. It would be great if I can enjoy myself being around my special person.

Makes Sense Financially 
I have dated women who are either totally dependent on me to spend all the money or just have no long term saving plans. I have no problem paying for stuff as long as I have the money but I prefer if the lady can at least occasionally share the cost. I am not rich, contrary to what some may believe......


There are 2 more categories that I will refrain from mentioning here due to the fact that they might incriminate me. 

-----------------------------------

Ordering iphone 6 plus


Went to a softbank store today to pre-order the iphone 6 + . I thought it mean't that because I pre-ordered the phone, I would be a top priority for getting the phone on my birthday which is the debut date. Nope, no such thing the lady said.  I pre-ordered the gold colored one ...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2369 ( Reggae Sound Mighty Crown DJ in Toyama )
Saturday, September 13, 2014


Went to Toyama Castle today


And it was as expected, just like the other castles that I've been to. This one though, some of the old time big wig guys of Japan passed through and destroyed it, or took it over at some point. And just like many of the castles and shrines in Japan, this too was burnt down and re-built.


-------------------------------------------

Went to a an old school reggae party in the evening. The organizer invited a member of the Mighty Crown Family


to come and be a DJ at the event. They are an insanely famous reggae, sound/DJ/Selcetor group from out of Yokohama. 3 of my Jamaican friends from not too far away also came along. The songs were very low tempo so my friends were not too pleased lol. I wasn't too pleased either. Because the promotional aspect of it was lacking in detail. I will definitely get more details about stuff like this  next time around. I met some interesting people though.

My good friend Mike of www.bigmike-photos.com/


This elementary school teacher was just in Jamaica 2 weeks ago. 


For the first time in my 6 years being in Japan, I met a teacher who actually loves reggae music and Jamaican culture. The lady in the center just came back from Jamaica 2 weeks ago. She knows quite a bit about reggae music and Jamaican culture. She went to Chiba university not far from Tokyo.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2370 ( Shirakawago World Heritage Site )
Sunday, September 14, 2014

Went to a World Heritage site today to look at some houses that were built some 200 - 300 years ago. The area is in an extremely snowy area of Japan, actually one of the most snowiest places in the world according to wikipedia. It took 2 hours to get there by bus.








It will look like this in the winter time.




But I'm certainly not going there to find out.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2371 ( Expendables 2 )
Monday, September 15, 2014

Went to the starbucks at the Toyama station today, then went home to watch Expendables 2. It was kinda funny and had all kinda big name actors in it just like part 1.


If you have never heard about this franchise, well it is all crazy action, guns and explositions like thos 80s/90s Rambo movies. Stupid but fun at the same time. I give it a 6/10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2372 (  )
Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Today was one of those do nothing days. All I did was send some money to pay my credit card bill.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2373 ( Homeland )
Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Today was also boring at work. I had 1 class to evaluate some self introductions and that was pretty much it. Got home and slept early... Like 6pm early. And woke up back at like 10pm. So I started searching again for some TV series to watch. I tried "Walking Dead" but not my thing. So today I tried Homeland and it was exactly what I was looking for.




No comments: