A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Daily Life (Days 2374 – 2380 ) --- Happy Birthday To Me (7th Birthday in Japan) / iphone 6 Plus Attained

Photo of the Week:




Day 2374 ( Health Check Result  )
Thursday, September 18, 2014



Received the result of my health check that I did in Yokohama about 3 weeks ago. The result is basically saying that I am very slightly overweight, based on the BMI (weight vs height) distribution thing. Well I'm on the border, and if I put on any more pounds, I am officially overweight hahahaha unbelievable, with people asking me all the time if I lost weight.

My cholesterol level, blood pressure etc is all fine. But one problem I have had since I got a health check in 2010 is that, I apparently have heart trouble. As in my heart is either skipping a beat or beating too fast.


To top this off, many of the males in my father's side of my family, has a history of heart trouble. If I can remember properly, 2 of my dad's siblings died from heart trouble in the USA. Plus my paternal brother in Canada who died in 2012. I never met the guy, but he was 62 when he died of heart complications. My dad also has some heart trouble but he is like 83 now so he escaped the early trouble.


Called a high school former class mate of mine for his birthday. We have been doing this every year since we left high school in 1997. He lives in the US now and just had a child recently. We call each other almost always just once a year, on our birthdays .....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2375 ( 7th Birthday in Japan  )
Friday, September 19, 2014

Wow already my 7th birthday in Japan. And I have photos of all my 7 birthdays here... Check them out ...

2008 (Niimi, Okayama - Dinner)



2009 (Niimi, Okayama - Party)





2010 (Kochi Prefecture - Visit)

























2011 ( Enoshima, Kanagawa - Special Lunch/Dinner)




2012 (Shibuya, Tokyo - Dinner)


2013 ( Kawasaki, Kanagawa - Special Dinner and Cake )




And 2014 (Toyama city - Party)


I like this picture of me.. This is the real me !!

















~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2376 ( Toyama Latin Festival )
Saturday, September 20, 2014

Went to a Latin festival in the night. Got there a bit late so I only caught like the last 1 hour of it.


What's the name of the new Jamaican dance? Creetch?

One of the coolest guys in Toyama


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2377 ( Barbecue !!! )
Sunday, September 21, 2014


Went to a BBQ arranged by a foreign swimming instructor from Serbia I believe. It was a pretty decent BBQ with quite a few foreigners and Japanese turning out. We even played some soccer. And they made me a birthday cake. Amazing.... Never seen anything like this in Yokohama.

All photos are courtesy of fashion designer, Mariko








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2378 ( New House, Ground Breaking Japanese Style )
Monday, September 22, 2014

For the first time in 6 years, I saw a Japanese style blessing of the ground, before a house is built on it. Apparently a Buddhist or Shinto priest has to come there and perform some sort of ceremony along with the house builders and the land owners.











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2379 ( Skype Interview )
Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Did a skype interview with Baye Mcneil today. Author of "Hi my name is Loco"  and "Loco in Yokohama". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baye_McNeil


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2380 ( iphone 6 Plus Attained )
Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A typhoon is heading this way to Toyama which is usually very unlikely. Some rain fell today but I got a call from the softbank in my area today to come and collect my iphone 6 plus.




The picture quality is amazing. I like it.

No comments: