A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Daily Life - (Days 2381 – 2387 ) --- Heart Check

Photo of the Week:



Days 2381 - 2387 
(Thursday, September 25 - Wednesday, October 1, 2014)




Day 2381 ( Typhoon Rain All Day )
Thursday, September 25, 2014


Went to work today in torrential rain associated with a typhoon that was passing by. Not so much wind, but lots of rain. Work was still in full swing and I had 3 classes.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





Day 2382 ( Heart Check #1 )
Friday, September 26, 2014

As I mentioned last week, my paternal side of the family has a history of heart trouble. And since 2010 (My worst year in Japan, possibly my life so far) my health reports have been saying that my heart is beating strange. So a couple of my family members and friends encouraged me to go and do a more thorough heart check.



I spoke to the school nurse today who recommended that I go to a heart doctor which is actually located in front of the school! So I simply walked across the road and I was there. The doctor ran this x-ray thing on my chest, I was nervous so my heart was pumping like crazy. The doctor started to create all kind of excitement saying "wow yes your heart is beating so fast" .... And she kept saying it over and over which made me get more and more nervous, causing my heart to beat out of wack...

She then said I should return tomorrow for them to run some further tests and to also make me wear a 24 hour heart monitoring device.

In the evening I went to an electronics store not far from my apartment, in order to buy some speakers. I'll be showing a movie for the English club tomorrow, but the speakers at the school sucks.



Day 2383 ( Heart Check #2 / Embarrassing English Club )
Saturday, September 27, 2014

Went to work today. My second Saturday going to work in September. Today was an open school of sorts where grade 6 elementary school students and their parents come to look at the classes and clubs. Sometimes I really dislike these parents. They are shocked to see me, which is fine, but some of them, when I greet them, they just turn away. I don't know whether to greet the others or not. I really dislike people who can't understand simple courtesy .... It is not that difficult.

I had 2 classes then English club. The Lord knows I'm running out of ideas for this English club thing. So I took the school's laptop, I had a projector, my external hard disk and my new speakers ready to watch a movie. First trouble, I couldn't access my files from the external hard disk using the school's laptop. I had way too much security setting stuff on it. So some security errors kept popping up in Japanese. So quick thinking had me showing them some of my TV appearances and my TV show when I was back in Niimi. But then there was another problem. The speakers weren't loud enough. I tried them in my apartment the previous night and they were loud. I guess it had something to do with the school's laptop? I turned up everything but no sound.



A teacher who usually help me with the club came with a mic and speaker thing, and that made the sound a little louder. But all of this took like 25 minutes for the students to finally start hearing. To top it off, the English club room is right next to the freaking BRASS BAND club !!! Trumpets and all sorts of instruments added to us not hearing properly. One trouble after another. It was an overall embarrassing situation, as they were really looking forward to the movie. I did in no way anticipate these problems. But next time I'll be better prepared. The parents and potential students were also looking on!!!

-----------------------------------------------


Heart Check #2

So yeah went to the heart doctor again today. This time they checked if my arteries were fine. They were clear and perfect. Then they placed some sticky stuff all over my torso and made me ride a bicycle. Something looking like this.



The doctor said my heart does race really fast when I'm under physical or mental pressure (isn't that normal ?). Then she said yes I will be wearing the 24 hrs heart monitoring device.Plus they will give me a check list that I should write up every hour. When my heart beats really fast, when I exercise, when I do anything at all I should document it every hour... Even when I go to bed and wake up.

Forgive my nudity !



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2384 ( Getting Bored / Grand Budapest Hotel )
Sunday, September 28, 2014

Brought back the heart monitoring machine thingy today, then went to a festival that was going on near the city center.


Di glasses look lean mi know
Had no friends around, nor did I see anyone I knew so I stayed for like 15 minutes then left. Now suddenly, after all the birthday activities of last week, the busy-ness of being in Yokohama, and the excitement of going to America and Jamaica during summer, Toyama is starting to get lonely and depressing. I guess my brain needs constant excitement and stimulation. Writing the book is also kinda boring and isn't helping at this point..... I need more.....     HELP!!!

-----------------------------------------------

Went back to my apartment and watched Grand Budapest hotel.




It was a funny movie with a very very interesting concept and lots of colours. I give it a 7/10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2385 ( Safe House / Flight )
Monday, September 29, 2014

Day off from work today. Aaah I don't need these anymore... I will work everyday with little rest, it's fine at this point.

Watched 2 Denzel Washington movies. First was Safe House. Lots of action and very interesting plot. Gave it a 7/10.



Also watched flight. Another very interesting film .... wouldn't expect less of Denzel Washington. I don't know how these movies missed my radar. I give it a 7.5/10.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2386 (  )
Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Had no classes today. slowly making more additions to my next book. I'm more than half way through. Aah but it is difficult to motivate myself... Jeez.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2387 ( Football in Kurobe )
Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Conducted 3 listening tests today. Reallly boring exercise. Then went to Kurobe, about a 1 hour trip by train from my apartment. Played some really exciting football, haven't played like this in ages. I was exhausted afterwards but good exhaustion.




It took about 2 hours and almost 2000 yen to get back to my apartment... but it was well worth it.... Anything to get my brain awakened and alive with excitement.... I will pay for it.


No comments: