A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, March 2, 2015

250,000 Visitors / New Hokuriku Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Tickets sold out in 25 seconds / Recent Happenings in My Toyama Life / Movies I've seen Recently


250,000 Views 

Finally after almost 7 years of blogging about random stuff in Japan, I got a little over 250,000 visitors to my blog. Things have slowed down drastically of recent times but a quarter of a million still ain't too bad I think. However, if my blog follows this trend, then it will take another 21 years to amass a million visitors lol. Not sure if I will be still interested in blogging then.   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seats on March 14 Hokuriku shinkansen sell out in 25 seconds


Japan Today




Reserved seats on the first train on the extended Hokuriku shinkansen line, which will go into operation on March 14, sold out at in 25 seconds on Saturday.

About 40 people lined up from 5 p.m. Friday in freezing temperatures outside the JR West office at Kanazawa Station, TBS reported. Sales commenced at 10 a.m. Saturday and all ticket counters were swamped with customers wanting a seat on the first train out of Kanazawa at 6 a.m. on March 14.
A JR West official said all reserved seats were snapped up in 25 seconds and that everything went smoothly. Tickets were also sold online and over the phone at 10 a.m.

There will be 10 round trips a day with stops in Ueno, Omiya, Nagano and Toyama. The maximum speed of the train will be 260 kilometers per hour.
The new service offers spectacular views of the Japan Sea coast and the Japan Alps. The 12-car train features the new Gran Class (first class) that includes a meal and drink service for passengers.


http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/seats-on-march-14-hokuriku-shinkansen-sell-out-in-25-seconds
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Recent Happenings in My Toyama Life

Day 2507 ( Rough Students at my School in Toyama )
Thursday, January 29, 2015


At my school in Toyama, there are a few bad students who refuse to go to classes. About 4 guys and 3 girls. All final year students. The guys sometime smoke outside the school, which is I think unlawful because they are under age. But they can't get arrested or anything because of that very same reason, they are under age. I heard it is a huge improvement from last year where there were about 15 of these kind of students and every now and again, the principal had to call the police.

Anyway, today one of those students, the leader of the bad batch (whose father died some years ago and mom can't manage him) came to the staff room and started arguing with the office lady. The office lady was surprised and a male teacher quickly intervened. The student grabbed the teacher by the collar and started shouting in his face. I was on edge to go teach the student some manners, but my company warns us never to touch the students or we'll be in biiiiig trouble.  


But it was really difficult to watch this student holding the teacher by the collar and shouting in his face, while about 7 other teachers were there calmly trying to speak to the student....The teacher who was being accosted was also quite calm and was very gently trying to remove the student's hand.... Thankfully nothing like this has ever happened to me before because I have a verrrry short fuse and I just might snap, then regret it afterwards.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2515 ( New PS3 )
Friday, February 6, 2015

Bought a new PS3 today because the old one I bought in 2008, overheated.


Why didn't I get the PS4 ? Waiting for the price to drop and for more games to be released.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2530 ( Black History Month Event - 3 The Hard Way )

Saturday, February 21, 2015

My friend Baye - A columnist with the Japan times gave me the idea in January, to organize an event for Black History Month. So I got a few people together to do some performances. We had some readings from Baye who wrote 2 books, "Hi my name is Loco and I'm racist" as well as "Loco in Yokohama". Another friend of mine, Stefhen also did some readings from his book "Black passenger - Yellow cab. I bought all 3 of these books. And they are all pretty interesting.

I didn't read from my book because time was going. I instead performed 2 of my poems.



Marcellus on the mic


Pernais making magic with her words
alongside drummer Winter Hawk

And if you haven't received a copy of my book yet, get your copy now.

e-book - US$2.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R9KTCN0

paperback - US$9.50

http://www.amazon.com/Seeing-Japan-Through-Jamaican-expat/dp/1505628741/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1420648683&sr=8-1


And if you haven't seen my music video yet... Check it out.


That's pretty much all for now. The snow has stopped but the place is still freezing. I should be heading back to Yokohama for good very soon.

Anyone who follows my blog, should know by now that I'm a movie fanatic. I can't tell you all the names of the actors but I know the movies. Since January, I watched all the following movies.... Sorry for the extensive list.

7/10
7/10


9/10

7/10



7/10
6/10 - I watched this against my will ok!!!
6/10 - This too !!!
7/10

8/10
7/10

8/10
9/10

No comments: