A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Personal view on the Racist Shooting in South Carolina / Man keeps father's dead body at home for 3 years to keep collecting pension



I remember my mom asked me back in 2008 about why I didn't try finding a job in America instead of Japan. Well, the main reason is because of stuff like what took place at the predominantly black church in Charleston, South Carolina this past week. Why should I go live somewhere that I may die just because of my skin color?

In Japan there are some racist people here for sure, but you can be certain that no one will kill you because of your race. They will stare, mess around and do random silly stuff but not kill you. Of course there are isolated cases like the African guy who the Japanese police had in custody and made him die.

I can never forget my very first trip to America with my aunt, when a white immigration officer lied to his white boss about how my aunt said I was her son. And we were there trying to defend ourselves. Seriously Bro ?!?! What was that for really?

Why should I go live in a country where you can just be randomly attacked by cops or someone who just doesn't like you? I'm afraid of that place. It's lovely when I'm there and everything is nice but I would NEVER live there if I had a choice. I would rather go back to my somewhat backward country.  

It's a scary thought that this is the country that is influencing other countries in the world. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims of the shooting in Charleston...... That's the end of my rant .....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now far some late, weird news from Japan....

Man keeps father's dead body at home for 3 years to keep collecting pension


by Japan Today

Police in Handa, Aichi Prefecture, have arrested a 51-year-old man after the skeletonized body of his father was found in his apartment on Tuesday.
According to police, the suspect, Tokumasa Niimi, failed to report the death of his father Susumu, 82, at their home in May 2012, Sankei reported. Police said Niimi continued to collect his late father’s pension for the past three years.
Niimi, who works part-time, was quoted by police as saying his income had decreased in recent years and that he needed the money from his father’s pension.
The body was found after the landlord contacted the city welfare office to say he hadn’t seen Niimi’s father for a long time. A welfare officer visited the apartment but when Niimi refused to let him in, he called the police. 
Police said Niimi will be charged with fraud and abandonment of a body.
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/man-keeps-fathers-dead-body-at-home-for-3-years-to-keep-collecting-pension?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2015-04-30_PM


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Man arrested for throwing liquid on girl



Police in Tokyo’s Katsushika Ward said Sunday they have arrested a 32-year-old man for throwing a coffee-like liquid on a 15-year-old schoolgirl as she walked home last month.
According to police, the suspect, Kota Inamata, a part-time worker from Nerima Ward, rode a bike up behind the girl and threw a coffee-like substance on her head, Sports Nippon reported.
Inamata, who was identified through street surveillance camera footage, is suspected of throwing liquid on girls at least 10 times since February. He was quoted by police as saying he would often prowl the streets looking for a girl who was his type and that after he threw liquid on her and got away, it gave him a thrill. 
http://www.japantoday.com/category/crime/view/man-arrested-for-throwing-coffee-on-girl?utm_campaign=jt_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jt_newsletter_2015-05-11_AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Recent Happenings

Day 2639 ( New Work Location )
Thursday, June 11, 2015


Started working at the head office of my company in Tokyo today. Mostly sitting in the office and planning events... Every now and again I will be going to different prefectures to evaluate their training etc etc.

Iidabashi Grand Bloom
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2640 (Performance at the AAYTP Event)
Friday, June 12, 2015

A group of African Americans in Japan, started a non profit organization to help under privileged African American Youths to come to Japan. Excellent idea - African American Youth Travel Program. Today they had a fund raising event. in Shibuya, Tokyo where they were several performances. I also did 2 poems.






It was a splendid night.

No comments: