A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

One Love Jamaica Festival Tokyo, Japan 2015 / Recent Life Update


Again just don't have the time to keep up with my blog. I'm really trying tho. Now I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum from this time last year. Last year while in Toyama, I was getting bored and slightly depressed. Now, it's overworked and stressed. Had to take 3 days off this week because I was seriously burnt out.  



Day 2609 (ALT Observation)
Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Observed 2 High School ALTs today with a member of the Board of Education. They were both ok.

-------------------------------

Day 2610 ( Back in ES)
Wednesday, May 13, 2015




My manager asked me to start teaching at 3 elementary schools until they can find a new ALT. A girl suddenly quit yesterday so I'm replacing her in the mean time. I realllly don't want to do this, but it beats sitting in the office and stressing over what stupid thing is gonna happen next. And I get to leave earlier than when in the office.

I haven't been in an elementary school for about 3 years now, so don't know if I still have the energy or that kinda skill.

-------------------------------

Day 2614 ( Church )
Sunday, May 17, 2015

Went to church today for the first time in months. Think the last time I went was back in August last year when I was in Jamaica.

-------------------------------

Day 2623 ( Head Office Bound )
Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Learnt today that I will be transferred to the Head Office of my company up in Tokyo. The commute alone is over 1 hour.... Actually the commute to the elementary schools that I was going to took over an hour as well and they were in Yokohama.

-------------------------------

Day 2626 ( Happy Birthday Takako )
Friday, May 29, 2015

Went to Shibuya after teaching today. Met this crazy American guy whose dad is a diplomat. Nice vibes.


-------------------------------

Day 2627 ( One Love Jamaica Festival 2015 - Day 1 )
Saturday, May 30, 2015

Left from YMCA today and went straight to the Festival, check out the pics.

And this video of the 3 craziest Jamaicans in Japan .....

video



video








Friend and former classmate since 1998





Big up yuh self Kanda san....Owner of Jelly's Jamaican restaurant
in Toyama








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 2628 ( One Love Jamaica Festival 2015 - Day 2 )
Sunday, May 31, 2015

Did my third performance at One Love Festival.... 2013, 2014, 2015.... This time there was no red tapes and BS. But did it with a very husky voice...because of me teaching in the schools.... If you haven't seen it yet, then here it is.







Get your soaps and glasses :)

Get your natural Hair Products :)

Bob Marley's Grand Daugther - Donisha Prendergast

Miss One Love - Mi fren Janiel




Some great Musicians


Big up to the Miyai Family
Exceptionally nice people

No comments: