A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Jamaican One Love Festival 2016 Part 1 Days 1&2 / Visit to Iwate Prefecture


From blogging every single day when I just came to Japan (the first 3-4 years), to now only able to blog like once every 2 months or there about. My life has changed considerably since I got here.

Any how, here is an update since I last blogged in April.


Day 2943 (New Fossil Watch)
Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The fossil watch I bought in Italy last year, got flooded with beach water when I went to Jamaica. So I got it replaced for half price. But I chose a different one.



Day 2946 (Breaking Bad)
Saturday, April 16, 2016

2 new employees started at my workplace and we were talking about interesting TV show series like Dexter, Game of Thrones etc. So they recommended Breaking Bad. I researched it and Wikipedia actually said it is the most critically acclaimed series of all time by Guinness Book of World Records.


It's been around since 2008. I started watching it today and yeah it got me kinda hooked. The second episode of season 1 has some very disgusting stuff though so watch out.


*****************************


Day 2959 (A Visit to Iwate Prefecture)
Friday, April 29, 2016

Went to one of the prefectures that was severely affected by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami today, Iwate. Me and Takako took the shinkansen up north to a town in Iwate name Ichinoseki.







We also went to Morioka, which is the capital of Iwate.


Had 2 famous dishes from that area,

Jajamen



Raemen 

Minus the Egg 

Day 2968 ( Captain America - Civil War )
Sunday, May 8, 2016

Went to the theater today to watch Captain America - Civil War at the theater nearby with Takako. It was pretty epic, especially the fight scenes.



I give it a 8/10. 

*****************************


Day 2988 ( Jamaican One Love Festival Part 1 Day 1 )
Saturday, May 28, 2016

Went to the yearly Jamaica One Love Festival. It was traditionally held at the Yoyogi Park near JR Harajuku station in Tokyo. But this year, it was at Odaiba, which is a bit further from where I live. Here are some pics from Day 1.





With the Jamaican Ambassador to Japan








Agaian - Not my child !


Can't stress it anymore ..... Not our child


My very good friends from Toyama asked me and my wife to baby sit for a little while. So we did. Luckily, the baby didn't cry even once.... We are getting some practice.


*****************************


Day 2988 ( Jamaican One Love Festival Part 1 Day 2 )
Saturday, May 28, 2016

This year, The One Love Festival will be held on 2 different occasions. First 2 days in Odaiba, then 2 days at Hibiya Park later in August.

Here are pictures and a video from Day 2.

video














No comments: