A day-to-day, true to life drama of a Jamaican male, living and working in Japan.

Check it out

Translate / 翻訳する

Flag Counter

free counters

Monday, April 10, 2017

Game of thrones Season 7 Trailer / Police officer arrested for stealing 5 mil yen from 89-year-old man/ Recent Happenings

Blessings and greetings again readers.

Finally G.O.T. Season 7 Trailer is out... Winter has come!
"The night is dark and full of terrors"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbNWMGecNcM


Day 3193 (Last day teaching in Harajuku)
Friday, March 10, 2017


Today I had 3 classes. These 3 classes, each had at least one really rotten student that the main teacher can't handle. So every now and again I had to raise my voice a little louder and command some respect. I actually shouldn't be doing this but hey they were disturbing my class.

After this, the school gathered in the gym and we had a goodbye ceremony of sorts, to send off the third year students. I had to give a speech. I gave the speech in English and a teacher translated for me. I almost teared up when some of the disruptive boys came to tell me thank you and goodbye. 

*******************

Day 3194 (My Japanese Family Eat Out)
Saturday, March 11, 2017



My in laws came over our house today for us all to go visit their son (my brother in law). So we went to his house and then had dinner at a nearby izakaya. This was the first time we all are meeting up like this. It was a really good time.

****************
****************

Day 3201 (Training at the Hilton 1)
Saturday, March 18, 2017



So today I went to the Hiltons in order to do training for the new teachers coming to Japan. This will be my first time taking on a major role at this training. When I came as a teacher back in 2008, There were about 60 of us. Now it's almost 200.

***********************

Day 3202 ( Training at the Hilton 2 )
Saturday, March 19, 2017


Conducted one of the main sessions today at training.

********************

Day 3208 (La la Land and Karaoke)
Saturday, March 25, 2017 


Watched Lala land with Takako. It wasn't as good as I anticipated but it wasn't too bad either. We also went karaoke afterwards. First time since our wedding day. It was really good.



*****************

Day 3210 (Jamaican Friends Meet up)
Monday, March 27, 2017


Met up with my long time friend Memry. I think she has been living in Japan for about 11 or 12 years now. She said it's the first time in like 6 years since she stayed away from her family in Kobe. It was good seeing you Memry.

**********************

Day 3214 (Cliff's Last Day)
Friday, March 31, 2017

The guy who sits next to me in the office is heading back to the states after 13 years. He planned to stay in Japan for 2 years and yeah he got bitten by the Japan bug. We had lunch with him yesterday and today.


*****************

Day 3217 (Influenza Check)
Mon, April 3, 2017


So my wife got the flu. Stayed home with her all day yesterday and most of today. Woke up and my body temperature was a bit high so I went to the doctor to check if I had the flu or not. Had to do this test where they stick a swab up my nose. This is the second time I'm doing this test. It is verrrrry uncomfortable. fortunately the test came back negative.

**************************
**************************


Police officer arrested for stealing 5 mil yen from 89-year-old man


Japan Today
A 25-year-old police officer was arrested Saturday on suspicion of stealing 5 million yen from the residence of an 89-year-old man in Kaizuka, Osaka Prefecture.
The officer, Takumi Deguchi, has admitted to stealing money from the elderly man’s house on two occasions, police said. He was quoted by police as saying he stole the money to pay back gambling debts, Sankei Shimbun reported.
According to Osaka prefectural police, Deguchi – who is stationed at a koban (police box) near the man’s residence—and a senior officer first visited the man’s home on Jan 10 after he reported that his wallet was missing. Deguchi said that while they were searching the rooms, he found a large amount of cash in a box sitting on top of a chest of drawers. The senior officer advised the man to put his money in a bank.
However, Deguchi went back to the man’s home by himself later that same day, gained admittance on some pretext, and stole 2 million yen. On Jan 12, the victim reported the disappearance of his money to Deguchi at the koban.
After his arrest on Saturday, Deguchi told police that the 2 million yen he stole in January had not been enough to pay back his debts, so at around 4 p.m., on April 1, without authorization, he visited the elderly man again to see if he was OK. While he wasn’t looking, Deguchi stole 3 million yen.
The man consulted police the next day to report that his money had gone missing after he had been visited by a policeman. Deguchi was questioned by his senior officer and admitted to stealing the 3 million yen and also the 2 million yen in January.


No comments: