Days 683-689 <{ }> Sunday-Saturday, January 31-February 6, 2010 {Surprise Dinner}
Days 683- 689 <{ }>
Sunday-Saturday, January 31-February 6, 2010
Day 683 {}
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Went to church. It will be the last time it is going to be held at this location. Next week they will change the venue. I then dropped a friend of mine to a hair dresser in the area.
========================
Day 684 {Surprise Dinner}
Monday, February 1, 2010
After work, this guy that works at the city office in my area called me and invited me to dinner with his friends. I gladly went because my apartment was getting boring. He however wasn't too sure where I lived, so when I went out of my apartment, I saw a car with hazard lights flashing... I went in the car, which a lady was in the driver's seat and a guy around the back. They both jumped in shock as they weren't sure who I am... The guy who called me was looking for me in the total opposite direction... He then came in the car.
So I went to the house of the lady who was driving and met her kids and her husband and another guy... We talked, drank and eat... and it was fun...
=========================
Day 685 {}
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Went to the Tuesday English conversation thing at the college in my area after work today. One of the members was doing a presentation on his trip to Cambodia. It was all Japanese so I only understood about 30% of what he said... I need to take up studying Japanese more seriously... I am here almost 2 years now but I can only speak a little.
I then collected a CD from the coordinator with pictures that were taken of me at a dinner last December.
=========================
Day 686 {New Visa Rule} ***
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Nothing worth mentioning happened today.
So the Japanese Government wanted every body to take their national insurance. This would include us foreigners and depending on how long you live in Japan, you will also have to pay a somewhat hefty back fee... This is in addition to about US$150 per month. they want to make it mandatory for us to pay or our visa probably won't get renewed. However here is hope now.....
=====================================
Day 687 {Black Passenger Yellow Cabs Book}
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Played football after work at the usual location... So now they are back with the me vs them thing which the foreigners dislike very much. Got a book today that a Jamaican/American guy wrote about his experience in Japan... The book is called Black Passenger, Yellow Cabs...
===============================
Day 688 { }
Friday, February 5, 2010
Went to dinner with my Landlord then to a little bar like place afterwards. I was quite shocked to see one of my recent friends working at the bar.
=====================================
Day 689 {Invictus}
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Stayed in most of the day. Watched an inspiring film called as Invictus. It's a true story about how Nelson Mandela, (former president of The republic of South Africa) inspired the South African rugby team to win the 1995 rugby world cup.
Sunday-Saturday, January 31-February 6, 2010
Day 683 {}
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Went to church. It will be the last time it is going to be held at this location. Next week they will change the venue. I then dropped a friend of mine to a hair dresser in the area.
========================
Day 684 {Surprise Dinner}
Monday, February 1, 2010
After work, this guy that works at the city office in my area called me and invited me to dinner with his friends. I gladly went because my apartment was getting boring. He however wasn't too sure where I lived, so when I went out of my apartment, I saw a car with hazard lights flashing... I went in the car, which a lady was in the driver's seat and a guy around the back. They both jumped in shock as they weren't sure who I am... The guy who called me was looking for me in the total opposite direction... He then came in the car.
So I went to the house of the lady who was driving and met her kids and her husband and another guy... We talked, drank and eat... and it was fun...
=========================
Day 685 {}
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Went to the Tuesday English conversation thing at the college in my area after work today. One of the members was doing a presentation on his trip to Cambodia. It was all Japanese so I only understood about 30% of what he said... I need to take up studying Japanese more seriously... I am here almost 2 years now but I can only speak a little.
I then collected a CD from the coordinator with pictures that were taken of me at a dinner last December.
=========================
Day 686 {New Visa Rule} ***
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Nothing worth mentioning happened today.
So the Japanese Government wanted every body to take their national insurance. This would include us foreigners and depending on how long you live in Japan, you will also have to pay a somewhat hefty back fee... This is in addition to about US$150 per month. they want to make it mandatory for us to pay or our visa probably won't get renewed. However here is hope now.....
=====================================
Day 687 {Black Passenger Yellow Cabs Book}
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Played football after work at the usual location... So now they are back with the me vs them thing which the foreigners dislike very much. Got a book today that a Jamaican/American guy wrote about his experience in Japan... The book is called Black Passenger, Yellow Cabs...
===============================
Day 688 { }
Friday, February 5, 2010
Went to dinner with my Landlord then to a little bar like place afterwards. I was quite shocked to see one of my recent friends working at the bar.
=====================================
Day 689 {Invictus}
Saturday, February 6, 2010
Stayed in most of the day. Watched an inspiring film called as Invictus. It's a true story about how Nelson Mandela, (former president of The republic of South Africa) inspired the South African rugby team to win the 1995 rugby world cup.
Comments
Mi a dwl at the fact that u just go in a car that u not even sure is the right one.
You lucky cause if it was another country - u might get a fat bullet.
You need fi learn Japanese Dave...make it a point of duty. You can't be there so long and just a play round'.
You really buy the book Dave - rahtid. How much it cost - make sure you carry it next time to JA. I think it will be the first book i read from beginning to end.
Yeah got the book for about US$20