Japanese And Blood Types (Re-post)
Days 1698 - 1704
Day 1698 ( )
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Came in from an old hits reggae party this morning. It was ok, not all that fun but good enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1699 ( On Tv Again Soon )
Monday, November 12, 2012
Heard not too long ago (while writing this very blog) that some guys or possibly a guy in Niimi is "still" spreading my name in a negative light even among the new teachers there. I haven't heard 1 positive mention of my name, like my TV show or even say the book I published while living in Niimi. I even heard that I "screwed over myself". Hahaha interesting stuff I tell you. I very well know who the culprit is. But I am still unaware of why "he" is still doing this. Anyway, I'm no longer there, and it doesn't move me one bit. Whoever wants to listen to "him", go right ahead. I have no ill feelings towards him still or to those who want to believe this dude that just want to tarnish my character for some unknown reason. Any way moving on....
----------------------------
Went to Shibuya, Tokyo after work today to do a television interview with some people from a TV show name Sekai Banzuke. It will air on Friday, December 7 at 8:00 pm and also on Friday, December 14 at 7:00pm on NTV (Nihon Terebi) which is channel 4 in the Kanto area. In other areas I am not so sure what time. I said some crazy things and did some crazy stuff so you really don't have to watch it :)
They asked me some questions about news in Japan that captured my attention this year. I told them the following:
1) The opening of the Sky tree Tower ( Tallest Tower in the World )
2) London Olympics (Jamaica's performance )
3) I-phone 5 release
I spoke about quite a bit of other random stuff as well. A Jamaican friend of mine and his wife came along as well. They were also interviewed briefly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1700 ( Japanese And Blood Types )
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Just had work like normal then came home and blogged.
----------------------------
I blogged about this topic before 3 years ago and thought I would revisit it, about Japanese peoples' obsession with blood types.
Many Japanese people (chiefly females) believe that your blood type is directly tied to your personality and character.... It is so bad that, it is very possible that if you are dating a Japanese girl, and she finds out that you are of a certain blood type, she will break off with you there and then..... Because they are seeking someone of a specific blood type... Now, a little problem is that, it seem many foreigners, don't have a clue what their blood type is.... And if you should tell this to a Japanese female, she may be shocked out of her wits... as in " How can you not know your BLOOD TYPE ???? " kind of shocked.
I said this to a Chinese/American girl who would attend the Tuesday English conversation thing I went to back in Niimi, and she didn't know that this was embedded in the Japanese mind...But she experienced it right there at the English conversation, because when she said that she didn't know her blood type, one of the Japanese ladies shouted in disbelief "HONTO!!!" ... REALLY!!!!!! So we all laughed and I said " you see!, I told you" ...
Sunday, November 11 - Saturday, November 17, 2012
Day 1698 ( )
Sunday, November 11, 2012
Came in from an old hits reggae party this morning. It was ok, not all that fun but good enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1699 ( On Tv Again Soon )
Monday, November 12, 2012
Heard not too long ago (while writing this very blog) that some guys or possibly a guy in Niimi is "still" spreading my name in a negative light even among the new teachers there. I haven't heard 1 positive mention of my name, like my TV show or even say the book I published while living in Niimi. I even heard that I "screwed over myself". Hahaha interesting stuff I tell you. I very well know who the culprit is. But I am still unaware of why "he" is still doing this. Anyway, I'm no longer there, and it doesn't move me one bit. Whoever wants to listen to "him", go right ahead. I have no ill feelings towards him still or to those who want to believe this dude that just want to tarnish my character for some unknown reason. Any way moving on....
----------------------------
Went to Shibuya, Tokyo after work today to do a television interview with some people from a TV show name Sekai Banzuke. It will air on Friday, December 7 at 8:00 pm and also on Friday, December 14 at 7:00pm on NTV (Nihon Terebi) which is channel 4 in the Kanto area. In other areas I am not so sure what time. I said some crazy things and did some crazy stuff so you really don't have to watch it :)
1) The opening of the Sky tree Tower ( Tallest Tower in the World )
2) London Olympics (Jamaica's performance )
3) I-phone 5 release
I spoke about quite a bit of other random stuff as well. A Jamaican friend of mine and his wife came along as well. They were also interviewed briefly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1700 ( Japanese And Blood Types
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Just had work like normal then came home and blogged.
----------------------------
I blogged about this topic before 3 years ago and thought I would revisit it, about Japanese peoples' obsession with blood types.
Many Japanese people (chiefly females) believe that your blood type is directly tied to your personality and character.... It is so bad that, it is very possible that if you are dating a Japanese girl, and she finds out that you are of a certain blood type, she will break off with you there and then..... Because they are seeking someone of a specific blood type... Now, a little problem is that, it seem many foreigners, don't have a clue what their blood type is.... And if you should tell this to a Japanese female, she may be shocked out of her wits... as in " How can you not know your BLOOD TYPE ???? " kind of shocked.
I said this to a Chinese/American girl who would attend the Tuesday English conversation thing I went to back in Niimi, and she didn't know that this was embedded in the Japanese mind...But she experienced it right there at the English conversation, because when she said that she didn't know her blood type, one of the Japanese ladies shouted in disbelief "HONTO!!!" ... REALLY!!!!!! So we all laughed and I said " you see!, I told you" ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1701 ( )
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
My first-grade students drew these pictures. I chose the best 2 for display on my blog.
My evening student said he had to hire 2 Indian Ph.D students to help him out with some projects. I told him about my swimming lesson last Friday and about the lying kid who told his mom that I hit him. That was pretty much my day today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1702 ( Scary Dave )
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Got really strict with my worst class today. Even the class room teacher was surprised. A few guys didn't want to write down some English words that I told them to, so I went over to them looking very serious. I spoke to them in English very harshly and they cooperated very well. One even said "You are scary" and my answer was, "I know".
----------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1703 ( )
Friday, November 16, 2012
Worked again from 8:30 am until 8:00 pm. Full time job and YMCA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1704 ( )
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Started teaching a group of kids along with their parents today. The youngest child was 10 months old, while the eldest was 3.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1701 ( )
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
My first-grade students drew these pictures. I chose the best 2 for display on my blog.
My evening student said he had to hire 2 Indian Ph.D students to help him out with some projects. I told him about my swimming lesson last Friday and about the lying kid who told his mom that I hit him. That was pretty much my day today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1702 ( Scary Dave )
Thursday, November 15, 2012
Got really strict with my worst class today. Even the class room teacher was surprised. A few guys didn't want to write down some English words that I told them to, so I went over to them looking very serious. I spoke to them in English very harshly and they cooperated very well. One even said "You are scary" and my answer was, "I know".
----------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1703 ( )
Friday, November 16, 2012
Worked again from 8:30 am until 8:00 pm. Full time job and YMCA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1704 ( )
Saturday, November 17, 2012
Started teaching a group of kids along with their parents today. The youngest child was 10 months old, while the eldest was 3.
Comments
PS. I think ur blogs r kool. :-)