Snow in Yokohama / Some race issues in Japan / Plans for Thailand
Days 2157 - 2163
Thursday, February 13 - Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Day 2157 (Osaka, First Japanese City To Embrace Free Wifi )
Thursday, February 13, 2014
Had lunch and English conversation with an English supporter from my previous job as an elementary school teacher. Later on I bought some pillow cases, a futon and a futon cover.
-----------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2158 ( Snowy Valentine's Day )
Friday, February 14, 2014
This week I only taught once at one of my high schools. The high schools are doing test this week and guess what? For the days that I don't work, (you guessed right), I won't be paid!!! March is already looking dismal, even though I have a trip planned for Thailand lol. Am I crazy or what? To top it off, my YMCA class also got cancelled today :o well postponed until March. Lord help mi. The class got postponed because of a blizzard that hit the area that I am living in now. Last week you may have seen me post some snowy pics... This week ??? I literally got snowed in. Don't believe?
So yeah I stayed in and watched a Tyler Perry movie called "Think like a man" based on a book of the same name written by Steve Harvy. It was funny and you can learn some stuff about relationships by watching it.
Some of the acting was a bit off but overall the story and everything about it wasn't so bad. I give it a 6/10.
This is what I still ended up getting for my Valentine's day though.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2159 ( Snowed in Again ! )
Saturday, February 15, 2014
The YMCA called me again saying class is cancelled !! :o Oh no the snow is messing up my livelihood. This time they didn't say postpone until another time, they said CANCELLED ! Meaning no pay ! ....
The news show more than I can describe about the snow. Here is what the news said:
Here is a video I took of what happened today just outside of my apartment.
------------------------------------------------
Watched another Tyler Perry movie today called Temptation. The theme was a good one but the acting was kinda poor. You could also see where the movie was going from the first 10-20 mins. The ending was a big lesson and it was sad. I give it a 4/10.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2160 ( )
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Went to the chiropractor again today to sort out my back issues. My back has been feeling a little better now since I bought the new futon. I also had dinner at an Hawaiian restaurant near the Yokohama station.
------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2161 ( Loud Music and Party Ban )
Monday, February 17, 2014
Started preparing some documents for a trip to Thailand, then did 1 class at the YMCA today. For a trip to Thailand, I need to have a guarantor who is living in Japan !!! Basically that person will have to be proof that I am a good person and if I mess around in Thailand, they will be called....... To find someone to do this especially in Japan is verrry difficult. I asked 2 persons who I think would possibly say yes to this but they both refused. Have to go back to the drawing board. I will have to call the Thai embassy to see if someone living in Japan but not necessarily a citizen here can be my guarantor.
---------------------------------------
The place where I go every summer to relax and enjoy a nice reggae/island vibe is going to put a ban on events in the area.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2162 ( Japan's General Outdated Mindset About Race Issues)
Tuesday, February 18, 2014
Only did my part time business English job today. The high schools are still doing tests.
----------------------------------------
It seem that many whites here especially Americans complain bitterly about race issue here in Japan. But are relatively silent about it when they are in the majority. I guess which is kinda normal. We tend to ignore stuff when we are in the majority. A lot of racism is still present in America, especially in certain states, but only the minority is crying foul. The majority white population I would say is "relatively" quiet about this.
Another thing now is....ANA quickly or not so quickly removed the ad. In any event, after the white people complained about the ad, ANA changed it. Japan is yet to get rid of the Black Sambo books that are still in some book stores.
We complain about it but they are still there. Is it that Japan are afraid of whites but simply ignore blacks? Food for thought. Obviously white people aren't going to complain about this because it is not their issue. We have to do something about it, because just like the ANA commercial, Japanese generally don't see Black Sambo books as racist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2163 ( Football in The cold )
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Did 2 classes at the YMCA, went home then played football after like a 3 months break. I can't believe myself sometime. I played football in the blistering cold... my hand middle started getting blue !!! But it was good exercise and it was fun!
I finally got someone to trust me with my Thailand visit!!!... I called the Thailand embassy and they said that the guarantor only needs to live in Japan, they don't necessarily have to be a Japanese citizen.
Comments