Tax Return Hassle
Days 2164 - 2170
Thursday, February 20 - Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Day 2164 ( Pitch Perfect)
Thursday, February 20, 2014 (5 yrs 11 Months)
Stayed in, blogged and searched for some graduate study scholarships in Sweden. Can you believe you can do graduate studies in Sweden for free! If you can pick up one of their scholarships?? The only thing is that you have to apply and pay about US$170 for the application fee then hope to get accepted. Unfortunately, I found out about this thing too late. But I will try again next year. The deadline for scholarship applications was February 11. Here is the website, check them out....
http://www.studyinsweden.se/Home/
I also watched a chick flick called "Pitch Perfect".
It was one of those usual "save the last dance" kinda flicks where the underdog group ends up coming out on top....... with a little side story to try spicing it up. It wasn't too bad though. I give it a 6.5/10.
---------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2165 ( Tax Returns Hassle )
Friday, February 21, 2014
Recently, a coworker at my Tuesday evening part-time job told me that I could get back money from the government. Many foreigners in Japan are totally oblivious to this it seem. So I embarked on a project to find out just how this thing works. I checked online but it was leading me all over the place. I initially thought I should go to the city office, but I was told that I should go to the "Tax - Office" for Yokohama. I searched for the Yokohama tax office on the internet and it lead me to a place in Motomachi (upscale area of Yokohama). Got lost a bit but someone directed me to the office. When I got there, the staff told me that there wasn't the place for me, and I should either go to Sakuragicho or another place close to my apartment.
So I ran to Sakuragicho but unfortunately the place was already closed. I was disappointed but luckily they are available until about March 17. Gonna try again next week.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2166 ( )
Saturday, February 22, 2014
Had my usual YMCA classes today. For the first time, there were about 10 kindergarten and younger children in my first class. Darn I'm getting popular here.......
----------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2167 ( Black History Month Performance / Spring Vacation - Go to Thailand )
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Went again to the tax office place in Sakuragicho (They were opened today even though it's Sunday). This time the line was wayyy to long and I had a performance in Tokyo (Omotesando) at a black History month event. It was a great event and I performed "Mek wi build up di nation - Let us build up the nation" the first time to perform this poem in Japan. Here are some pics from the event.
----------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2168 ( Elysium )
Monday, February 24, 2014
Did 1 class at the YMCA then bought some groceries at a nearby supermarket. Later on I watched a movie called "Elysium".
Really interesting science fiction flick with a theme basically about utilitarianism and power/greed. It is pretty gory with lots of blood etc. but very entertaining. I give it a 7.5/10.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2169 ( Jus one a dem days )
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Today was one of those days ! .... Got to work late this morning because I was sorting out some contractual stuff with my apartment agency. But it shows that my main job today was tired of my every now and again lateness .... Get it together Dave !!!!! A senior staff member had a word with me about it again... probably for the 3rd time this school year I think.
At my second job, I waited for 1 hour for the second class to begin. So I started packing up stuff to leave earlier than usual. As I opened the door to leave.....I was greeted by a student who I haven't seen in like 4 weeks !!! Is this some weird game ??? Why did he choose today???
---------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2170 ( )
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Usual 3 jobs Wednesdays - high school, YMCA then my private student. My private student gave me some more information about the tax refund process. He said even Japanese people have difficulty with it so it will be doubly difficult for foreigners. Yikes !!! I am still gonna take on the challenge this coming Friday. Stay tuned for that adventure !
Comments
However, I'm sure you must have seen, PhD programs are jobs and you get paid. And I think Norway is still entirely free.
-Kesha