Concerned about my Future but something came up
Days 2213 - 2219
Thursday, April 10 - Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Day 2213 ( Game of Thrones )
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Still worried about my future.... Started wondering if this blog here got me in trouble (again) lol ... Or my youtube videos or something.... Because I was supposed to hear the result of my interview from like Monday.... It's Thursday!!! So I called the foreign person who gave me the first round of interview. He said that he is 98% sure that all is well, but if not, I would still have a job with the company... That was all I wanted to hear really. He said he is almost sure that I would be getting a call TOMORROW...
Anyway, while I was home fretting, I decided to start watching the much talked about series of "Game of Thrones".
This series had me hooked, even though it is full of gore and some other random disgusting stuff. I couldn't stop watching it. I sat and watched almost the entire season 1 in a day.... I'm now on episode 9 of season 1. That is 9 hours!!!!! That's how hooked I am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2214 ( New Job Announcement / 300,000 yen Mango )
Friday, April 11, 2014
Again, was waiting all day in my apartment for a call about my job situation. And again, all my part-time jobs from last school year are already in full swing. I even have work later today!!! I pretty much stayed in still worrying about what will happen, and watching some one piece as well as game of thrones episodes. Then at around 4pm I decided to check mail. and finally I saw a job offer from the head office of my company.... A MAIL !! Not a phone call. What if I didn't check my mail? Traditionally when I see mails, it almost always mean you got rejected right? and a phone call usually when you get the job... Well that's usually my case any way. Then to top it off, my contract begins on MONDAY !!! bright and early .... So I had to email several resignation letters ... Well only 2 actually... 1 to my Monday/Wednesday YMCA and the other to my Tuesday evening job. The YMCA didn't reply to me, but my Tuesday job said I should try to find a replacement as soon as possible. My Tuesday job which is controlled by a male was more direct with me ..... My Monday/Wednesday YMCA job which is run by a female didn't even reply to my mail. Which (in my experience) is how many Japanese females react when they are angry and don't want to have anything to do with you again ... Perpetual silence !!!
So yeah enough said.... Starting Monday, I will become a Human Resource Trainer.... Basically train Assistant Language Teachers (ALTs) in my company, how to do their jobs, give presentations, support them when they need help etc etc. That is just the easy part... I can't say too much and I'm going to have to be verrrrrrry careful about what I post on my blog from now on..... Suffice to say though... this is not an easy job by no means....Still a bit puzzled as to why I was asked to do this job even though I have no experience being a head teacher.... Well not on paper at least. I guess I was doing something right lol ..... I must say that I am humbled in many ways.
--------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2215 ( )
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Went to the YMCA to run around with some kids and teach a few grammar point stuff. I went back home then to the dentist for my twice a year cleaning.
--------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2216 ( )
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Stayed in today, resting up for the mystery of my new job next week. Watched loads of One piece and Game of Thrones again. I am now on Season 2... lol yeah I know I'm crazy. When I really get into something, I just want to see it all and now.
-------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2217 ( First Day As A HR Trainer )
Monday, April 14, 2014
Again I can't give too much information ...... But yeah started my new job today in the office. I haven't worked in an office for over 6 years .... Yeah pretty much for all of the time being in Japan. My last job in Jamaica, I taught but also did loads of stuff in an office. I heard now that this new job 70% of my life will be on the road. And while on the road, work will be piling up in the office. So today, I watched a training session being conducted and also was given loads of information. The information about what is expected of me as a trainer alone was overwhelming. This is my first day. I felt like running away seriously.... It is a high stress job !!! Unlike being an ALT .... Now I'm going to have to manage them (ALTs)...... Many many many of them .... and their problems too ..... I am only 1 of 6 doing this job for my branch. That was probably too much information already (cough cough)... So if you come back here and see my blog edited, it means that I wrote something that I shouldn't have. That's all I will say for now.
---------------------------------
After leaving the first day from work.... my head was throbbing.... I felt depression kicking in and started wondering if I made a mistake by accepting this job and not knowing the full details. I probably still would have taken it anyway just for the experience. While on the train I decided to go to the Jamaican restaurant in Shibuya to unwind. This is how to unwind with music and Jamaican food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2218 ( )
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Second day of work and already I'm thrown to give a brief presentation along with my immediate boss. Again, can't say anything more. It did go well though except I was a bit nervous..... I look forward to the challenge ahead... I was told that I have a "presence". And may appear slightly intimidating and scary... Well maybe I am !!!!
It is April, and it is still cold here. I had on my heater today and look what it did to this baby oil bottle?
What do I use baby oil to do??? Um aah um yeah.... My friend said it helps to keep my skin moisturised when the same darn heater that melted the bottle, dries out my skin....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2219 ()
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
3rd day of work on the new job. Everyday so far I've been having a slight stress headache. Another trainer said that for him, that same stress headache took 3 months to go away!!! I had Greek lunch with some of the other trainers today. Everyday I'm learning new stuff (which is what should be happening right?). I already started dreaming about the job ..... It has only been 3 days. I guess it's welcome to the world of being a full time employee in a Japanese company. I have 4 choices:
1) Become a workaholic
2) Take on the challenge but try to balance it with life
3) Quit
4) Be lazy and get fired
1 and 2 are the most viable options now with 2 being what I surely hope to achieve.
--------------------------------------------
Comments