Jamaican Restaurants in Japan /World cup 2014 / Observations
Days 2297 – 2303
Thursday, July 3 – Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Day 2297 ( Captain America - Winter Soldier /
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Was going to play football with the junior high school guys today but it started raining so I decided not to.
When I got home, I watched Captain America - Winter Soldier. It was pretty interesting. Falcon was a bossssss.... Action was good, story line was ok and it was entertaining.
I give this a 7.5/10.
------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2298 ( )
Friday, July 4, 2014
Had no classes today... But started preparing lessons for next week. And tried to prepare something fun for the English club. Man these kids are hard to motivate. In class they are ok but at English club is another story.
---------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2299 ( Jamaican Restaurants In Japan )
Saturday, July 5, 2014
There was an ALT meeting today in Toyama. I jogged there instead of riding because the forecast said there would be a 90% chance of rain. Jogging to the meeting took like 50 mins and I was soaked. Not because of any rain (no rain fell at all), but because of my sweat. I got to the meeting exactly on time... and put on a tie because we were going to take a group photo. I had no mirror so I asked my friend if the tie looked ok.... She said I look like a man without a woman LOL !!!! ah bwoy. Single life I tell yuh.
The meeting took about 2 hours...it was a good meeting I think....
After the meeting, I took a very short trip to Kyoto and visited the Jamaican restaurant there. I haven't been here in almost a year.
------------------------
Jamaican cuisine is becoming popular in Japan. Well kinda sorta. A part from the many Jerk chicken stalls at the Yearly One Love Festival in Tokyo...
There are a couple of Jamaican restaurants around in Japan. I was surprised when I first got here...and equally many Japanese here are equally surprised about them as well. I'm going to start from the southern (western) end of Japan going up to the north (east).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2300 ( Toyama City Beer Festival )
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Went to a yearly beer festival with 2 Jamaicans that live nearby. I realized that if I went to this festival alone, I probably would have left really early. Mainly because I only know a few people so far.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2301 ( Nike Training )
Monday, July 7, 2014
Started exercising again. This time using 2 exercising iphone applications by nike.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2302 ( Brazil Massacred by Germany )
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Played football with the junior high school students today again and yeah I had a great time. These dudes can play... and at least 5 out of the main 11 guys on the team are taller than me. I still to this day can't make a powerful kick from the ground when the ball is just there.... I can dribble well .... and can leave any defender on the ground wondering how I got past them. I will also score a goal if I'm near to the goal. But take me out to the 18 yard box and I will probably never score from that far.
Yeah so my team is out of the world cup :( But I knew they had absolutely no chance against Germany with the way they played so far in this world cup. So against my will, I bet against them in the yahoo competition I'm in, and yup I was correct. Only thing, I expected them to get something like 2-1. But to my surprise..... Yeah you all know what happened. And of course the memes...
![]() |
| I bet 2-1 against Brazil |
| But I was off by 5 |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 2303 ( Observation )
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
Some peeps from my company came to observe my class today. Along with the 2 vice principals at the school. This is my job actually to observe other teachers .... So it did kinda feel weird being observed. But so far the benefits of what I'm doing now, far outweighs the negatives so let me quit complaining about small stuff. They all seemed to enjoy the class though... students and observers alike. So no problem.
.png)
Comments
While it's true some Asian women may use whitening creams and some may even get eye surgery.
You are delusional from your western perspective to assume this is to be "western".
This isn't.
Are you even aware that up to 40% of Japanese people are born with partial double eyelid? Depends what you are calling double eyelid also, most in fact are born with a small fold.
Go look at hundreds of Japanese babies if you don't believe me. Also many are born with pale skin anyway, and if they keep out of the sun it stays pale.
So the minority of women who are using whitening creams or tape or surgery on eyes are actually trying to look like those other Asian women, not trying to look western.
If they wanted to look western they would get full nose surgery, get total inset eyes etc. Obviously they don't do that, they are trying to just be like the prettier Asian women is all.
It's your projection that they are trying to be western, since you are western in culture so you have that in your mindset.
It's the same exact thing as in western people how some who have curly or wavy hair may want to use a hair straightener, or how some western women with brown hair may want to use products to make it blonde, or even how some women get breast implants.
They are copying other women within their country that already have those features naturally. Get it?
So stop spreading BS, you may not even realize you are because of your delusion of your culture bias. You assume things and then believe they are truths.
But the facts are.
1. Many tan people exist in Japan, many damn Japanese pornstars are tan to all different degrees. Some are also pale also (you assume a pale one is the result of creams and products, you are being delusional).
The women who do use whitening products, you can tell if you have a brain and eyes. They don't look natural, typically whiter face than body, typically washed out look to their skin, and sometimes hair is affected also.
So you are being a true douche to throw in all those naturally born and pale Japanese women in with those women who use whitening stuff. sigh
2. Many Japanese are born with actual eyes that aren't total slits, sorry to tell you this. Many of the women in JAV etc have eyes within normal for Japanese people.
It's true that some women in Japan who are born with narrower eyes may use the tape things and some may even get surgery. But don't use that fact to launch BS onto all the people who are born with eyes like that anyway. sigh
The Japanese eyes don't even look anything like western eyes anyway, so your whole claim is ridiculous.
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe all those little girls/boys grow up to be adults?
http://s20.postimg.org/3zrzrizcd/rdrjdrjdrj.jpg
Sigh.
While it's true some Asian women may use whitening creams and some may even get eye surgery.
You are delusional from your western perspective to assume this is to be "western".
This isn't.
Are you even aware that up to 40% of Japanese people are born with partial double eyelid? Depends what you are calling double eyelid also, most in fact are born with a small fold.
Go look at hundreds of Japanese babies if you don't believe me. Also many are born with pale skin anyway, and if they keep out of the sun it stays pale.
So the minority of women who are using whitening creams or tape or surgery on eyes are actually trying to look like those other Asian women, not trying to look western.
If they wanted to look western they would get full nose surgery, get total inset eyes etc. Obviously they don't do that, they are trying to just be like the prettier Asian women is all.
It's your projection that they are trying to be western, since you are western in culture so you have that in your mindset.
It's the same exact thing as in western people how some who have curly or wavy hair may want to use a hair straightener, or how some western women with brown hair may want to use products to make it blonde, or even how some women get breast implants.
They are copying other women within their country that already have those features naturally. Get it?
So stop spreading BS, you may not even realize you are because of your delusion of your culture bias. You assume things and then believe they are truths.
But the facts are.
1. Many tan people exist in Japan, many damn Japanese pornstars are tan to all different degrees. Some are also pale also (you assume a pale one is the result of creams and products, you are being delusional).
The women who do use whitening products, you can tell if you have a brain and eyes. They don't look natural, typically whiter face than body, typically washed out look to their skin, and sometimes hair is affected also.
So you are being a true douche to throw in all those naturally born and pale Japanese women in with those women who use whitening stuff. sigh
2. Many Japanese are born with actual eyes that aren't total slits, sorry to tell you this. Many of the women in JAV etc have eyes within normal for Japanese people.
It's true that some women in Japan who are born with narrower eyes may use the tape things and some may even get surgery. But don't use that fact to launch BS onto all the people who are born with eyes like that anyway. sigh
The Japanese eyes don't even look anything like western eyes anyway, so your whole claim is ridiculous.
Have you ever considered the fact that maybe all those little girls/boys grow up to be adults?
http://s20.postimg.org/3zrzrizcd/rdrjdrjdrj.jpg
Sigh.