My Personal view on the Racist Shooting in South Carolina




I remember my mom asked me back in 2008 about why I didn't try finding a job in America instead of Japan. Well, the main reason is because of stuff like what took place at the predominantly black church in Charleston, South Carolina this past week. Why should I go live somewhere that I may die just because of my skin color?

In Japan there are some racist people here for sure, but you can be certain that no one will kill you because of your race. They will stare, mess around and do random silly stuff but not kill you. Of course there are isolated cases like the African guy who the Japanese police had in custody and made him die.

I can never forget my very first trip to America with my aunt, when a white immigration officer lied to his white boss about how my aunt said I was her son. And we were there trying to defend ourselves. Seriously Bro ?!?! What was that for really?

Why should I go live in a country where you can just be randomly attacked by cops or someone who just doesn't like you? I'm afraid of that place. It's lovely when I'm there and everything is nice but I would NEVER live there if I had a choice. I would rather go back to my somewhat backward country.  

It's a scary thought that this is the country that is influencing other countries in the world. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the victims of the shooting in Charleston...... That's the end of my rant .....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Recent Happenings

Day 2639 ( New Work Location )
Thursday, June 11, 2015


Started working at the head office of my company in Tokyo today. Mostly sitting in the office and planning events... Every now and again I will be going to different prefectures to evaluate their training etc etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2640 (Performance at the AAYTP Event)
Friday, June 12, 2015

A group of African Americans in Japan, started a non profit organization to help under privileged African American Youths to come to Japan. Excellent idea - African American Youth Travel Program. Today they had a fund raising event. in Shibuya, Tokyo where they were several performances. I also did 2 poems.








It was a splendid night.

Comments