Reach Falls, Jamaica / World cup memes / Recent Happenings - JLPT N4 Again! / Flooding in West Japan / Jamaica Day

Hi readers,

I didn't get to blog during the world cup fiasco darn it. I did during 2010 (when I was going through a little tough situation) and 2014 (when my company shipped me off to the countryside of Toyama). 

This month I will talk about Reach Falls in the parish of Portland, Jamaica. Later, I'm still going to put up my favorite world cup memes and show a few highlights of what I've been up to since my last blog.

Reach Falls, Jamaica

Reach  Falls is a beautiful tourist destination in eastern Jamaica. It is said to have be discovered by runaway slaves who were on the island. 





If  you are a nature lover, this is the place for you. It is very quiet and is a great hiking spot with lots of beautiful flowers. 



If you visit Jamaica, this is one of the spots you want to check out. The waterfalls was featured in the 1988 movie Cocktails, starring Tom Cruise. 


------------------------
------------------------

Favorite World Cup 2018 Memes 😂

When Messi Missed his Penalty


When Argentina was in danger of getting kicked out
of the 1st round

When these big teams got knocked out
they will play at the airport cup hahaha

When Mexica defeated Germany
Chiwawa vs the German Shepherd

Aaah they are never done with Neymar

hahahaha

------------------------
------------------------


Recent Happenings 

Day 3652 (Another Trainers Seminar)
Wednesday, June 14, 2018

There was a Trainers seminar at my workplace today. I was a bit late for the set up bit but the seminar went well overall. We host these seminars 4 times a year (once a quarter). 



Day 3661 (Geo Storm)
Saturday, June 23, 2018



Watched this movie name Geostorm about the possibility of mega catastrophic storms hitting earth and a satellite system that can stop them or cause them. Interesting concept. I gave the movie overall a 6/10, a little better than what I thought it was going to be. 

Day 3662 (Haircut and line up)
Sunday, June 24, 2018



For about a year now, I have been cutting my hair with Takako. Takako also does the lining up. This time was one of the best, possibly the best after a year.



------------------------
------------------------

Day 3669 (JLPT N4 - Japanese Proficiency Test)
Sunday, July 1, 2018



So for the second time while being in Japan, I took the JLPT N4 - Japanese Proficiency Test. I took it back in 2013 and failed, so I decided to try again! This is still considered basic level Japanese. So after 10 years, I am still at basic level in Japanese, no excuses. Well, my job since 2014 doesn't really lend itself to studying to be honest. 

Anyway, for the past 2 months or so I have been studying like crazy. My weakness is the grammar and reading comprehension bit. My listening and speaking are good and ok respectively. so I can communicate but by no means perfectly.

The test had 3 sections, the first part was how to read kanji characters, which was ok. The second section was the grammar and comprehension bit, which was wayyyyyy more difficult than I anticipated. But the listening section which was the third section, was really easy I think.

I actually don't know what to expect to be honest. It can go either way. In any case, I'm going to continue studying!!! 

Day 3675 (Flooding in West Japan)
Friday/Saturday, July 6/7, 2018 






Saw on TV that the area I used to live 7 years ago was flooded out. I sent messages to my friends in the area and they were ok for the most part. One of the places I visited frequently, Kurashiki in Okayama, got some serious flooding. 

My heart and prayers go out to the victims. Over 200 people lost their lives, and thousands in shelters 😢 


------------------------
------------------------

Day 3676 (Jamaica Day on the Beach )
Sunday, July 8, 2018 




Every year for the past 25 years or so, they have this "island vibe" event on the beach, not too far from where I live. The area is called Hayama and they call the event Oasis. It goes on all through summer, early July to late August.People come and chat, eat and watch performances there on the beach. I have been performing my poetry here since 2015. 

This year, I got some other Jamaicans to come up and perform as well. 



We also shot a video of us singing some Jamaican folk songs. It was all good fun. One of the videos now has over 11,000 views on facebook hahaha.

https://www.facebook.com/dave.collymore.7/videos/10160508643215526/ 




If you haven't seen it yet, watch and enjoy! Wi going to turn Japan into a likkle Jamaica! Here are some other pictures we took.












 




------------------------
------------------------

Day 3688/9 (Visit to Hakone and Watched Jurassic World 2 )
Friday/Saturday, July 20-21, 2018 


Visit to Hakone



Went to this famous area in Japan called Hakone with Takako. It's about 2 hours on the train from where I live. This area is known for it's hot springs (onsens), black eggs, traditional Japanese culture, view of Mount Fuji, nature and lots of visitors.

The place was hot!!! Actually right now in Japan, it's the hottest it has ever been since they started recording temperatures. The heat is just ridiculous. Jamaica has nothing on Japan when it comes on to heat in summer. Me and Takako were walking in this park and we both felt like we were going to faint. We had to hurry into a restaurant to get some food and drink.








After eating, we were so drained by the heat, that we just gave up and checked in to our Japanese style hotel/inn or ryokan.




And for the 4th or 5th time while in Japan after 10 years..... I went to a hot spring. Luckily, I was there all by myself for about 20 mins. It was amazing, until I saw an old guy walking in, then I decided it was time for me to get out. I'm not a fan of seeing naked men at all. 



We woke up early the following morning and had some really good breakfast. We then did some shopping in Hakone to get some souvenirs. I took it for granted that because I live pretty much in the city part of my prefecture, I didn't realize there was this beautiful nature area not too far from me. It was a short trip, but a marvelous time!




------------------------


Jurassic World 2 - Fallen Kingdom

We left from Hakone then went to the movie theater to watch Jurassic World 2. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't quite as good as part 1. I give it a 7/10. 




------------------------
------------------------

Day 3690 (Likkle More Big Mike, Rochelle and Saori chan )
Sunday, July 22, 2018 

After church today, I went to see my friends who I met in Toyama back in 2014. They are leaving Japan and heading for Canada. I was surprised to see my other friends with them pretty close to where we have church.




We pretty much walked around Yokohama taking photos.












Comments