Nagoya, Recent happenings - Company Trips to Fukuoka and Nagoya / Bye Cory / RIP Former Niimi ALT / Jamaica Charity Gala 2018
Hello again,
October and November were quite busy so again I missed almost 2 months of blogging. I will try to make it short and interesting!hmmmm maybe not so short...
Last blog I featured Luminous Lagoon in Jamaica, this month I will feature Nagoya, Japan, because I went there last month (November) for work 😃 Read on.
In terms of population, Nagoya is the third largest incorporated "city" in Japan. Not inclusive of Tokyo because Tokyo is not really a city. Nagoya falls behind Yokohama and Osaka.
Actually, Nagoya is in the top 50 most populous areas in the world, and apparently is notorious amongst Japanese for being the most boring city in Japan. I'm not sure why.
Toyota Motors has some museums around this area as well because it was started in the prefecture (Aichi) where Nagoya is located. Nagoya also has a huge Brazilian population.
Recent Happenings (Oct - Dec 2018)
Day 3770 (TrainerCast - Yokohama)
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
So recently, we started a kind of project of sorts at work, to visit the other branches in the company and help them out with different things. The first stop was Yokohama (my former branch).
Day 3772 (See You Later Cory)
Friday, October 12, 2018
Today was a friend of mine from work last day. Fare thee well Cory.
A couple of us from the office went to a 300 yen ($3) bar nearby the office to have a small farewell party. He is heading back to the states.
Day 3774 (Final Watoto in Yokohama)
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Watoto, the group visiting from Uganda had their last performance at a church in Yokohama today.
Me and Takako then had dinner with our friends from that church.
***********
***********
Day 3786 (Health Check/Monthly Link Oct - Mexican Restaurant)
Friday, October 26, 2018
Had my yearly health check this morning. It was the first time to see men and women in the same open area waiting for their health check to be done.
I then had lunch at shake shack with some co-workers.
In the night I had dinner at El-Torito (A Mexican food restaurant) near the Yokohama station with some friends.
Day 3787 (Friends over our House)
Saturday, October 27, 2018
Had some friends over our house again today. Co-workers, a former co-worker and some friends from when I lived in Niimi, Okayama. It was a busy day picking up people and following them back to the station.
Day 3788/3789 (Second Visit to Fukuoka / TrainerCast - Fukuoka)
Sunday, October 28-29, 2018
Continuing our TrainerCast series, after church today, I took a flight down to Fukuoka, one of my most favorite cities in Japan. In my second book, I ranked it as 3rd, behind Kobe and Tokyo. Now, it's still ranked third but I kicked out Tokyo and replaced it with Yokohama.
So in Fukuoka I met up with an online gaming friend of mine for the first time.
We had dinner at an izakaya and we chatted about a whole lot of stuff. His main job is setting up weddings.
There is this really nice feeling I get when I visit Fukuoka that I can't really describe.
The TrainerCast session also went really well and I bought something called mentaiko for my wife.
It looks weird but it's actually pretty good!
***********
***********
Day 3793 (See You later ChunMi)
Friday, November 2, 2018
It was my co-worker and team member's last day of work today. She is also heading back stateside with her husband. It was good working with her for a year and a half or so.
Day 3794 (Presentation for rapconnections)
Saturday, November 3, 2018
The aim is to encourage others to become entrepreneurs and pretty much to do your best at what you are doing. I was the main presenter for the night. There were also some group activities and games.
| Making a bridge as a group |
Day 3795/3796 (Second Trip to Nagoya / TrainerCast - Nagoya)
Sunday, November 4-5, 2018
Went to Nagoya today for another TrainerCast session. Met up with 3 Jamaicans there at Outback Steakhouse.
Day 3798 (Meet friend after 5 years)
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
Met up with my friend who was also in Niimi, Okayama but moved back to Canada a few years ago. He came to Japan on business.
Day 3809 (R.I.P Former Niimi ALT ☹️)
Sunday, November 18, 2018
Saw on facebook today that a former ALT from Niimi who went back to the states, died. Rest in peace.
*************
*************
Day 3814 (Bring out the Christmas Tree)
Friday, November 23, 2018
Stayed in all day today with Takako and we cleaned the house and brought out the Christmas Tree.
Sunday, November 25, 2018
Walk around Minato mirai, a part of Yokohama after church today with my wife and a friend. This is why I love Yokohama. It's just a nice city.
Day 3821 (Monthly Link Nov - Jamaican Restaurant)
Friday, November 30, 2018
Every month I try to meet up with a few familiar faces to just chat, laugh, eat and have a good time. Today was one of those days.
Last month it was at the Mexican restaurant in Yokohama, this month it was at the Jamaican restaurant in Shibuya, Tokyo.
While there, some top members of the Jamaica Olympics Committee came in to have dinner. They have some sort of partnership thing going on with Tottori, a very rural prefecture in Japan. I went to Tottori a couple of times years ago because it is near to Niimi.
The guy at the back to the extreme left is the chairman of the Jamaica Olympic committee, while the Japanese man in front of him is the chairman for the Tottori-Jamaica friendship association and is also a politician in Tottori, in charge of sports.
Day 3822 (Jamaica Charity Gala 2018)
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Since last year, my friend had this vision to help out charities in Jamaica. So she teamed up with the Jamaicans in Japan Association to have a Charity Gala. Last year was the first one, and this year we had it again.
I don't remember the last time I had such a good time dancing, eating and pretty much networking. It was a really amazing event.
Wheew and that took me like six hours to update. Maybe just maybe I have one more blog in me in December. But If I don't, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! 2018 was pretty epic!!! My blog in January 2019 will give a recap.
Comments