Accompong Village Jamaica, My Drone Flew Away!, My Father's Death
Hi again,
3 months break from blogging, my longest yet. Mostly because of a busy schedule and my father's death.
This post, I will talk about a village in Jamaica known as Accompong.
Accompong is an historical maroon village, located in the hills of a rural parish/state in Jamaica called St. Elizabeth. Who were the maroons? They originally came from Africa during the slave trade period. They fought and somehow escaped from the slave traders then set up villages in some mountainous parts of Jamaica, Accompong being the main settlement.
The maroons created a stronghold in the 1700s along with the native Tainos of Jamaica, and they successfully defended the area from both the Spanish and the English colonizers.
A festival is held there every year on January 6.
-------------
-------------
-------------
Day 3855 (My Drone Flew Away!)
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Went out with Takako today to post some nengajo (New Year cards). Then I wanted to show-off to my wife, how cool my drone is!!! haha I totally forgot that you need to put the drone on the ground a certain way and in a particular direction so that the remote can know where is left, right etc. I simply just put down the drone. Big mistake!
I fired up the drone, it took off and then I started moving it around. Then it slowly started drifting over the busy street, and heading towards an electric pole and an apartment complex.
My heart stopped briefly and luckily I remembered that it had an emergency landing. So I pressed the emergency landing button and it fell in the apartment complex, luckily in a garden.
I ran down the hill to get it and pretty much trespassed on property, quickly grabbed the drone and left the premises. It was pretty darn scary! Luckily it didn't hit any vehicles or anyone. Whew!
------------
Day 3877 (Video shoot/Boyz January Meetup)
Friday, January 25, 2019
The director of my company and a relatively new employee, went to Jamaica in February. So they asked me and 2 other Jamaicans in our office to make a video that they showed at some universities and other places in Jamaica when they were there.
Later that evening, I did our usual once a month Friday meetup. Only 3 of us came but it was pretty interesting. We went to a Turkish restaurant near my workplace.
------------
Day 3897 (Valentine's Day 2019)
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Had parfait with my lovely wife at a place not too far from where we live.
------------
Day 3905 (Boyz February meetup)
Friday, February 22, 2019
Had our February meetup at a place in Tokyo name Shin-Okubo. We had Korean food and it was really good.
------------
Day 3907 (Takako on Worship Team)
Sunday, February 24, 2019
------------
Days 3913/3914 (Visiting Church Friends)
Saturday-Sunday, March 2-3, 2019
Visited some church friends and had lots of food, laughter and fun.
------------
------------
Day 3923 (My Dad Died - RIP Edward Collymore)
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
Received a message from one of my sisters (by my dad's side) that he passed away today. He was in and out of the hospital for a few weeks because he just suddenly decided to stop taking his medication. He always hated taking medication.
Well I did shed some tears but he lived a long life and we kind of expected this to happen anytime soon. He died at 89. R.I.P. dad.
------------
Day 3927-3931 (Yearly Narita Training Begins)
Saturday, March 16-20, 2019
Today was the start of our yearly Narita training. It is usually really tiring but also really exciting. By my estimates it all went down pretty well.
Day 3933 (Boyz March meetup)
Friday, March 22, 2019
Met up with usual friends for March. This time we went to an Izakaya (Japanese style restaurant) in Yokohama. It's always good to just chat about random stuff with friends.
Comments