Yokosuka Naval Base Friendship Day / Jamaicans in Japan BBQ / Keikyu Accident
Hey there,
LET THE BEST MONTH BEGIN!!!SEPTEMBER
The last few weeks were pretty busy inside and outside of work. I feel my age is catching up with me as my birthday approaches in a few days.
Day 4065 (Yamada Denki (LABI) New Printer)
Thursday, August 1, 2019
Bought a new printer today - HP OfficeJet 5220 at a pretty famous electronic shop in Japan (Yamada Denki) not far from my house.
These shops usually give you a card for whenever you shop there, you can get points, which you can use to get discounts in the future. Most shops in Japan have something like this to keep you buying from them.
Now, because I didn't shop there for a year, whatever points I had saved up, went back to ZERO. I was quite disappointed.
Day 4067 (Yokosuka US Naval Base Friendship Day)
Saturday, August 3, 2019
Went on the Yokosuka US Naval base today for the second time. The first time I went was probably in 2013 but it was in the night so I didn't see much. This time, it was in the day and boy was it hot. I had to wait in this looooong line of maybe 1000 people possibly more, in the Japanese summer humidity and heat.
I went with the intention to check out the price of furniture and electronics because I heard we can get them cheap on base. Ha. Only to realize that Only people on base can get this privilege.
I ended up buying jerk chicken and some other food stuff and that was it. Nothing too impressive, just people everywhere like a big Japanese festival, but with many foreigners.
Day 4072 (Jamaicans in Japan BBQ)
Saturday, August 10, 2019
So we had a barbecue in the summer heat today but it went really well. Met this Jamaican lady for the first time who has been here since 2008.
Day 4078 (Small Farewell Dinner)
Friday, August 16, 2019
The very first guy I trained when I just moved to the head office back in 2015, is quitting. He worked in the Yokohama Branch of my company for a bit, but decided it's time to move on now. So I had a small farewell dinner for him at a Mexican restaurant in the Yokohama station.
Day 4079 (Alita - Battle Angel)
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Watched a movie name 'Alita - Battle Angel'. Heard it was directed by James Cameron who also did Titanic and one of my favorites, 'Avatar'. So I definitely had to watch this.
The visuals and action were really good but the story is a bit lacking.
Day 4085 (Dinner in Aobadai)
Friday, August 23, 2019
Had dinner with 2 of my friends today in an area of Yokohama name Aobadai. It was my first time going to this part of Yokohama it felt pretty nice and fancy.
Day 4097 (More Dinner with Friends)
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
A friend of mine who I met at a camp back in like 2003, came to Japan recently. He migrated to the states from Jamaica some years now but it was a long time dream of his to come to Japan.
I met up with him and another Jamaican guy who knew about me via this blog. We had dinner at my default Mexican restaurant in the Yokohama station.
Day 4098 (Keikyu Train Accident/Dub Poetry Presentation in October)
Thursday, September 5, 2019
So the train line I usually use to go to and from work, had a huge accident today. It crashed in a truck that was apparently trying to beat the train.
I thought there were going to be a lot of injuries but fortunately only a few. The truck driver unfortunately died.
I had to take an optional route home. But at least I had an optional route.
At lunch today, I met with a Japanese lady who asked me if I could do a presentation about dub poetry on October 13. She gave me the details about what is expected and how to get to the location.
Day 4100 (African American/Caribbean Festival)
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Went to this festival with a couple of friends. I thought more people would be there but even the Jamaican festival has like 5 times the amount of people.
The food, except for some Brazilian stuff I bought, was not good at all. Some African guys were selling "Jamaican stew chicken" and it was terrible!!! and the portion was really small for the 800 yen.
We ended up going over to the Turkish Festival which seemed more enticing. Then we left and walked around Harajuku area.
That's all for this time, next blog will be after my birthday. My 12th in Japan.
LET THE BEST MONTH BEGIN!!!SEPTEMBER
The last few weeks were pretty busy inside and outside of work. I feel my age is catching up with me as my birthday approaches in a few days.
Day 4065 (Yamada Denki (LABI) New Printer)
Thursday, August 1, 2019
Bought a new printer today - HP OfficeJet 5220 at a pretty famous electronic shop in Japan (Yamada Denki) not far from my house.
Now, because I didn't shop there for a year, whatever points I had saved up, went back to ZERO. I was quite disappointed.
----------------
Day 4067 (Yokosuka US Naval Base Friendship Day)
Saturday, August 3, 2019
Went on the Yokosuka US Naval base today for the second time. The first time I went was probably in 2013 but it was in the night so I didn't see much. This time, it was in the day and boy was it hot. I had to wait in this looooong line of maybe 1000 people possibly more, in the Japanese summer humidity and heat.
I went with the intention to check out the price of furniture and electronics because I heard we can get them cheap on base. Ha. Only to realize that Only people on base can get this privilege.
I ended up buying jerk chicken and some other food stuff and that was it. Nothing too impressive, just people everywhere like a big Japanese festival, but with many foreigners.
----------------
----------------
Day 4072 (Jamaicans in Japan BBQ)
Saturday, August 10, 2019
| Can you believe I whipped up this flyer from my phone |
So we had a barbecue in the summer heat today but it went really well. Met this Jamaican lady for the first time who has been here since 2008.
----------------
----------------
Day 4078 (Small Farewell Dinner)
Friday, August 16, 2019
The very first guy I trained when I just moved to the head office back in 2015, is quitting. He worked in the Yokohama Branch of my company for a bit, but decided it's time to move on now. So I had a small farewell dinner for him at a Mexican restaurant in the Yokohama station.
----------------
Day 4079 (Alita - Battle Angel)
Saturday, August 17, 2019
Watched a movie name 'Alita - Battle Angel'. Heard it was directed by James Cameron who also did Titanic and one of my favorites, 'Avatar'. So I definitely had to watch this.
The visuals and action were really good but the story is a bit lacking.
----------------
Day 4085 (Dinner in Aobadai)
Friday, August 23, 2019
Had dinner with 2 of my friends today in an area of Yokohama name Aobadai. It was my first time going to this part of Yokohama it felt pretty nice and fancy.
----------------
Day 4097 (More Dinner with Friends)
Wednesday, September 4, 2019
A friend of mine who I met at a camp back in like 2003, came to Japan recently. He migrated to the states from Jamaica some years now but it was a long time dream of his to come to Japan.
I met up with him and another Jamaican guy who knew about me via this blog. We had dinner at my default Mexican restaurant in the Yokohama station.
----------------
----------------
Day 4098 (Keikyu Train Accident/Dub Poetry Presentation in October)
Thursday, September 5, 2019
So the train line I usually use to go to and from work, had a huge accident today. It crashed in a truck that was apparently trying to beat the train.
I thought there were going to be a lot of injuries but fortunately only a few. The truck driver unfortunately died.
I had to take an optional route home. But at least I had an optional route.
At lunch today, I met with a Japanese lady who asked me if I could do a presentation about dub poetry on October 13. She gave me the details about what is expected and how to get to the location.
Day 4100 (African American/Caribbean Festival)
Saturday, September 7, 2019
Went to this festival with a couple of friends. I thought more people would be there but even the Jamaican festival has like 5 times the amount of people.
The food, except for some Brazilian stuff I bought, was not good at all. Some African guys were selling "Jamaican stew chicken" and it was terrible!!! and the portion was really small for the 800 yen.
We ended up going over to the Turkish Festival which seemed more enticing. Then we left and walked around Harajuku area.
That's all for this time, next blog will be after my birthday. My 12th in Japan.
Comments