Jamaica One Love Festival 2013, Tokyo Part 2 - My Biggest Performance Yet


Japanese sentence of the week - daijyoubu desuka - 大丈夫ですか? - Are you ok?


Days 1887 - 1893 
Sunday, May 19 - May 25, 2013


Day 1887 ( Jamaica One Love Festival Part 2 - My Biggest Performance Yet )
Sunday, May 19, 2013

Left out for Tokyo relatively early this morning because I wanted to sell off my towels and T-shirts. My first time doing anything of this sort. Thanks for the great help Francine and Kennise. The truth is I wasn't around the selling area for more than say 20 mins at any one time. My mother's family name is "Walker" and we oh so love to walk.


I went to the festival with my Uzbek and American friends who also are high school teachers. Met quite a few other friends there as well. This is the only event in Japan every year, where you get to see the most Jamaicans in one place.

I was also supposed to perform today so I was getting more and more nervous. I went on stage at around 3:25pm and I asked my American friend to video my performance.


As soon as I went on stage I was at ease.. Wasn't nervous at all...I was just wondering what the crowd response would be like. Not many of my Jamaican friends were around to see me, so I didn't really have the support I wanted. But it's a festival, so everyone was just walking around, maybe like what I would have done. Thanks for the photo Simone!!!!


Yeah this was my biggest performance. Close to or more than 30,000 people. In Germany, it was about 5000 people. Below was my performance - at the One Love Festival 2013.



Again I can't get the video in-bedded  in blogger.

After my performance, I went back into the crowd to look for my friend who took the video. I saw a couple more of my friends in the crowd, then a guy stopped me and said "Good job".... He said he is a producer and would like his musicians to do a performance on stage someday. I told him I'm not sure if I could help him with that, but we exchanged information just in case. My friend who took the video eventually found me and gave me back my phone. But while walking away to go back to my towels and T-shirts, 2 Japanese girls came up to me and said "that was awesome"... In Japanese of course... One of them held on to my left arm and kept saying "kakkoi ... sugoi sugoi" .... You are cool and awesome..... They looked like the party party type Japanese girls so I smiled and kinda walked away from them a bit. My American and Uzbek friends were behind me and saw what was going on. My American friend then said "You got yourself some fan girls". I really wasn't expecting this because in my mind, not many people were understanding what I was saying. And I didn't see any of my Jamaican friends in the sea of Japanese.

Anyway, I took some more pics and tried to sell more of my towels as well as help my friends sell their stuff. Like Jamaican i-phone covers, bracelets, jerk seasonings etc.




Got some peppery Jerk chicken and jerk pork afterwards and some good old alcohol (sorry mom). Rum punch and red stripe beer.



While heading back to my apartment, it was raining like crazy and my phone battery was dead. So I headed to Bic camera (huge electronics store) in Shibuya to charge my phone. I got home at about 12 midnight. I thoroughly enjoyed both days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 1888 (  )
Monday, May 20, 2013 (5 Years 2 Months)

Had a biig argument with a friend today to the point of shouting in my apartment. And my voice ain't soft. Anyway, we are ok now....

--------------------------------


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1889 (   )
Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Didn't go to my high school today, because I was having a bad stomach ache this morning. But, they were having tests so I would go there and do nothing. What a coincidence with my stomachache and having no classes!!! :)

In the evening though, I went to my business English class. I had only one class then waited for over an hour for the advance group to show up. They didn't. I learnt eventually that if the second group doesn't show up in 1 hour, then I can leave. Found that out too late so I still got home at 10:30 pm.

--------------------------------




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1890 ( Candy Crush and Jewel Mania )
Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Went to my main school today but had no classes. So I went there a bit late and just sat and played games on my phone. After that I went to the YMCA to teach some brats as well as some good kids, then went to my evening student at starbucks.

--------------------------------

 I started playing 2 puzzle games recently.


I just started playing this one recently, so I'm only at level 36. I have a friend who is at somewhere like level 181 there about. I was stuck at level 23 for a while man...and a few levels after that as well. DO NOT start playing this game if you value time!!!

Another game very similar to the above is:


Yeah almost the same thing as Candy Crush but slightly different. Actually the main difference I see so far is one has candy, the other has jewels. Also with Candy Crush you can get help from friends on facebook. But with Jewel Mania this is not possible. I would say candy Crush is a bit more difficult though...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1891 ( Hello Work Shinjuku, Tokyo)
Thursday, May 23, 2013

Today was my day off. But I'm still trying to get a job in the Kansai area so I went to a job agency in Shinjuku, Tokyo today. Luckily there was an English speaker there because I didn't understand quite a few of the stuff that the interviewer was saying. I stayed there for almost 3 hours and all I got were vacancies in Nagoya to apply for. Nothing in Kansai at this time.


--------------------------------


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Day 1892 (  )
Friday, May 24, 2013

Again, no classes at my main school because of mid term exam. So this time I made good use of my free time by studying some Japanese. I should be doing a mock test on June 16. And the real thing on July 7.

--------------------------------


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Day 1893 ( Snitch )
Saturday, May 25, 2013

Did my usual 3 classes today at the YMCA. It always amazes me how I'm exhausted during the week, but after my final class on Saturdays, I suddenly start getting bored. So when I got home, I slept a bit, then watched a movie called snitch. Starring "The rock".


My friends in Jamaica recommended this movie, so I watched it. Decent acting for the most part, it's just strange to watch "the rock" being used like a pawn. Action was ok enough but some parts were predictable. The story was very interesting though and you always want to know what's coming next. I give it a 7.5/10

My friends also introduced this new way of how to rate movies... I liked it but added some more to it for my personal rating scheme... Here it is...


1 - Don't waste your time (watch at your own risk/peril)

2 - Watch while doing chores (if  you miss parts, no big deal)

3 - Cable Worthy (Exactly what you think it means, wait until its out on cable)

4 - DVD Worthy (Wait until the DVD is out)

5 - Download/Stream Worthy (Want to see a movie badly? Don't want to waste money? Are you ok with stealing/downloading and/or sharing/streaming movies? If your answer is yes to any or all of these, then this is for you.... I have a feeling many people fall into this category)

6 - Theater Worthy ( But don't buy any pop corn or hot dog )

7 - Opening Night/3D Glasses Theater Worthy (Pre-book your ticket because you know this is going to be awesome. Pay the extra for 3D glasses and by some pop corn and hot dog for added pleasure)

The only movies that got 7 for me were :

Avatar, 

The Matrix (Part 1 only), 

Lord of the Rings (Part 3 only),

Inception

Avengers

Transformers (Part 1 only)

Star Trek (2009)

Snitch that I saw today got a 5.

Comments