White Jamaicans
Japanese sentence of the week - Tokyo doko desuka? - 東京どこですか - Where is Tokyo?
Days 1873 - 1879
Sunday, May 5 - May 11, 2013
Day 1873 ()
Sunday, May 5, 2013
Stayed in today playing various games. Jumping from my PS3, to the Nintendo DSi to my cell phone.
---------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1874 ( Chronicle / Racial Profiling In Osaka)
Monday, May 6, 2013
Today would usually be an holiday in Japan, however, I had a 45 mins class at the YMCA.
When I got home, I watched a very interesting 2012 movie name Chronicle. I can't believe I never knew about this movie. It was quite entertaining but leaves you hanging at the end of it, waiting for more.
Just think of watching a movie through cameras, like Blair Witch Project, but not as stupid. Then think American teenagers with super powers. That's a terrible summary of it but watch it and you will see. Good movie. I give it a 7.5/10
---------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1875 ( Jamaica on Japanese TV Again )
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Today was my usual tiring Tuesday. Had 2 classes at the high school, then 2 classes between 5:30 and 8:30. So again I got home at about 10:30 pm. So leave out at 10am get home at 10:30 pm.
---------------------------------------
Jamaica was on Japanese TV again...
Basically what is happening in the video is: A Broadcaster/reporter or whatever she is, went to Jamaica to visit a Japanese lady who lives in a very remote and rural part of Jamaica,, somewhere between Westmoreland and St. Elizabeth. The lady is married to a Jamaican and they have a daughter together. The house that they were in is her guest house, but it is not yet finished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1876 (White Jamaicans )
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Nothing special today in the life of Dave. Just the usual
---------------------------------------
White Jamaicans
It is very difficult to speak to close minded Americans. Just as how it is difficult to speak to close minded Japanese. Let me not be biased, it is equally difficult to speak to close minded Jamaicans... or close minded anybody for that matter.
Every time I tell an American that we have white Jamaicans they somehow can't believe me. I mean there are not many of them, but they are there and we see them all the time. Here are a couple of them..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1877 ( IRON MAN 3 )
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Watched Iron man 3 today. It was absolutely AWESOME!!! Had me in chills. Not as much as The Avengers did, but good enough. Got some good laughs, great action and acting not only by Downey Jr. but also by the others as well. I don't want to give out any spoilers so I will just end there. But it was a really great movie. I give it a 9/10
---------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1878 ( Scaring The High Schoolers )
Friday, May 10, 2013
Today at my main high school, I taught some final-year students. Actually, I teach them twice a week, every week. 11 of them. They were suppose to make up a question for me using "What's your favorite ..........." A female then asked me, What's my favorite video game. So I told them:
1) God of war (Very Violent and full of blood and gore but animated)
2) Call of Duty - Modern Warfare (War game with lots of violence)
3) Assassin's Creed (Violent, lots of killing)
I noticed that some of the girls were giving me a weird look. Then I thought about it... Wait a second, all These games are violent!!! and involves death and killing.
The Japanese assured me though that it should be fine. Thinking about it though, violent games are actually the best ones lol. Grand theft auto, Street fighter, you name them. They are normally the best selling games.
---------------------------------------
After teaching at the high school, I went to the dentist again, to get a second cleaning. This time no x-ray of my mouth was involved nor any rigorous uncomfortable scrubbing between my gums. Just cleaning. The teeth cleaner lady said I should visit there every 3-4 months.
I then went to the YMCA to teach some Jr. High school kids for 1 hour.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1879 ( Broken Toilet )
Saturday, May 11, 2013
Went to YMCA this morning and taught my usual 3 classes. For the second class, the usual noisy, disruptive 4th grade kid wasn't around so the class went relatively smooth.
I found out tonight that my toilet is not flushing properly!!!! Out of all the things, my toilet!!! When I flush it, the water would come up to the edge, say hello, then slowly go back down...Planning to get a plunger tomorrow.
Comments