Day 290 { Heading Back Home from Fukuoka } - Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 290 { Heading Back Home from Fukuoka On a Crowded Train }

Now, your guess is as good as mine as to why these places have strange names like Fukuoka and Kokura right... That some how makes the average English speaker think twice... So don't ask me why the places have these names...

So today my friend followed me from his friend's place to take a train to Kokura. We were there on the train evaluating the Japanese girls... and somewhat giving them a grade of pass or fail and to what degree... Yes its one of my new hobbies I must admit :) and its even worst when I am travelling with someone of like mind. To be blatantly honest with you, it is extremely difficult and bordering impossible, for the regular guy to simply not look on these girls, SERIOUSLY!!! They are everywhere... Well all we can do is look and talk :) ...

While coming off that train and heading for the shinkansen, we heard "Excuse me"... Of course we were both shocked because its only once in a pink moon you will hear a Japanese person speaking English in a loud tone. So we turned around and saw a somewhat oldish Japanese guy with a bunch of books. He stopped us and told us that he was about to dump the books but he thought that we would probably need them for studying... He then started to tell us a story that his father who is 92 is telling him that he should start teaching now even though he has already retired. My friend eventually chipped in and told him that I am in a rush to take the shinkansen. So I took a few of the books from him and ran towards the train.

Now, apparently everyone in Japan is going back home from the holidays today, so the train station was filled to the capacity. There was a long line waiting for the shinkansen at each door of the train... I told myself that I aint missing this train...So when one of the outside train attendant persons signalled that the line should stop and wait on another train for 15 minutes... Mr. Jamaican here with his Jamaican mentality, decided that him cyaaah badda wait. So I squeezed myself into the train and stood up all the way from Fukuoka to Okayama, which is a 1hr 30 min ride. There were several people standing up as well. This is why now I am even considering to buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS, because these long train rides are boring with a bunch of people occasionally staring at me and then turning their heads as soon as I make eye contact with them.

As soon as I got to Okayama, I hurried to buy a burger at Mcdonalds then took a train from Okayama City to Niimi, this time it was the slow train and it also took 1hr 30 min to Niimi. Then I had to drive for about 5 mins to get to my apartment... Yes, I cannot stress enough how deep in the country of Japan I live.

Comments

Derri said…
Well look at that!... and in jamaica we love cusss out pack bus... if you wanna go you gotta go...

Bless