Day 177 (Chinese Birthdates ) - Friday, September 12, 2008
Day 177 (Chinese Birthdates)
Ok so guess what??? Next week Friday, September 19th is my birthday. I heard that in China, when you are born you are considered as 1 year old. Why? because they count the time spent in the mother's womb as 1 year... Even though it's 9 months or 7 or 6, depending on whenever they heck they were born, they still call it 1 year... I don't get it but that's China for ya. Check out this site to get a more detailed look at what I am talking about, and you can even calculate how old you would be in China ...
http://www.asia-home.com/china/cncaps.php?lang=en
Well at least, as far as I know, the Chinese people (at least the ones I encounter) in a general sense seem more friendly and less racist.
Anyway, I went to my main school today which is not normal, but yeah went there, taught classes and went to the 100 yen shop to get some stuff. I then went to the supermarket to stock up my apartment... I have absolutely no plan to go anywhere except work and a few other places in the month of October...
Hey cuz, Im happy that you enjoy my blog ;) OOh and people, the earthquake the other day was in Hokkaido.. Hokkaido is further from my prefecture (Okayama) than Jamaica is from the USA... So don't worry...
Peace and love my friends
Ok so guess what??? Next week Friday, September 19th is my birthday. I heard that in China, when you are born you are considered as 1 year old. Why? because they count the time spent in the mother's womb as 1 year... Even though it's 9 months or 7 or 6, depending on whenever they heck they were born, they still call it 1 year... I don't get it but that's China for ya. Check out this site to get a more detailed look at what I am talking about, and you can even calculate how old you would be in China ...
http://www.asia-home.com/china/cncaps.php?lang=en
Well at least, as far as I know, the Chinese people (at least the ones I encounter) in a general sense seem more friendly and less racist.
Anyway, I went to my main school today which is not normal, but yeah went there, taught classes and went to the 100 yen shop to get some stuff. I then went to the supermarket to stock up my apartment... I have absolutely no plan to go anywhere except work and a few other places in the month of October...
Hey cuz, Im happy that you enjoy my blog ;) OOh and people, the earthquake the other day was in Hokkaido.. Hokkaido is further from my prefecture (Okayama) than Jamaica is from the USA... So don't worry...
Peace and love my friends
Comments