Day 182 (Cultural Differences ) - Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 182 (Cultural Differences)

Went to my Tuesday school today (Wednesday) because of the Monday holiday. So inadvertently, some of the teachers forgot that I had class with them today... Well the classes were all ok though, except for this one rotten teeth kid that kept pulling on my pants and sometimes preventing me from teaching... 

When I completed the grade 1 class, the kids would not let me out... They surrounded me and wanted to touch my hair and grab my hands etc. I remember seeing one of the kids grab my hand and then smell his hand, possibly to see what my hand would smell like.... Man these poor, dark, "don't know anything outside the Japanese culture" kids....I am sorry for them.. Luckily, many of them will grow up and get out into the city...

But the vast majority of them still grow up dark and would appear dumb to the rest of the world, (sadly like a couple Americans I know as well) and do weird stuff like smell your hands to see if it smell like coffee or like when I went to Virginia, a black guy told me that a white girl asked him if he had red blood too.... sigh...

Sad very sad...Please understand, the only thing different is our skin colour, our hair and possibly our general physical features...I think that's about it....

So today, I didn't go to the English conversation thingy because the other guys said they are not going...Instead, 4 of us went to a restaurant.. At the restaurant, I heard they had a little link-up thing last Friday, which I had no idea was going on...hmmmm as to why I wasn't told of this, is still a mystery. But, a suh life guh....

Oh and I hate eggs because:
1) It taste, smell and looks horrible
2) It got me really really sick some years ago

Comments

Derri said…
Mi nuh see nuh post for the 19th so mi a tell yuh right here - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings
lucie said…
have u read my blog yet? what u think? how u nuh comment yet. anyway mi see that u find girlfriendddddddddddddddddd yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa and she white and she cute