Day 185 - SIX [6] MONTHS {Japanese Theartre & Drama } - Saturday, September 20, 2008
Day 185 - SIX [6] MONTHS {Japanese Theartre & Drama }
Yes yes, back again, took a one-week birthday break from my blogs :D to stress over the fact that I am getting old and I can't believe that 10 years of my life almost literally flashed by with me barely noticing... Hey but I still look like an 18 year old right :D ???????????... Ok don't answer and spare me the grief... Other than that, today marks 6 months since I am here in Japan, I still can't believe that either...and I am actually enjoying it... But sometimes homesickness tends to remind me that I miss my family and friends back home, terribly...So at this point in time I feel like I would stay only for the year, but economically, it wouldn't make much sense, but who knows...
So yes, because I invited my Jamaican friends to my little birthday gathering yesterday, I ultimately had to put them up for the night... aaaah it was good chattering with some Jamaicans, live and in living colour again... We all had breakfast in my apartment then I ran out briefly because I had a performance to sort out... I sorted it out but didn't perform just yet and then drove back to pick up and take them to the Train station. After taking them there, I then did my performance, after which I went to watch another Japanese play with my Landlord...
This time I was falling asleep in the play because I was tired and I didn't understand what the actors were saying... at the intermission, I was trying to explain to my Landlord how many brothers and sisters I have, which is difficult to explain. Especially when I speak very little Japanese
and my Landlord speaks very little English... when I told him that it's supposed to be eight (8) of us by my father, he could not believe it... Anyway, we went to a restaurant afterward, and my landlord introd
uced me to some more of his rum head friends as he is a very heavy drinker...I don't know if he is trying to make me become like them, but if so, it not working at all... One of his friends was trying to have a conversation with me in nothing but pure, unedited Japanese... I tried to tell him several times that I don't understand the stories or whatever it is he is telling me. I don't know if he was telling mi that he can't stand his wife, or that his kids giving him trouble or even if he likes dogs...I don't have a clue what he was saying... But he kept chatting away anyway, and I simply nodded...
So today was pretty much a full day and I have work tomorrow but it's not really work, it's my school's sports Festival...
Yes yes, back again, took a one-week birthday break from my blogs :D to stress over the fact that I am getting old and I can't believe that 10 years of my life almost literally flashed by with me barely noticing... Hey but I still look like an 18 year old right :D ???????????... Ok don't answer and spare me the grief... Other than that, today marks 6 months since I am here in Japan, I still can't believe that either...and I am actually enjoying it... But sometimes homesickness tends to remind me that I miss my family and friends back home, terribly...So at this point in time I feel like I would stay only for the year, but economically, it wouldn't make much sense, but who knows...
So yes, because I invited my Jamaican friends to my little birthday gathering yesterday, I ultimately had to put them up for the night... aaaah it was good chattering with some Jamaicans, live and in living colour again... We all had breakfast in my apartment then I ran out briefly because I had a performance to sort out... I sorted it out but didn't perform just yet and then drove back to pick up and take them to the Train station. After taking them there, I then did my performance, after which I went to watch another Japanese play with my Landlord...
This time I was falling asleep in the play because I was tired and I didn't understand what the actors were saying... at the intermission, I was trying to explain to my Landlord how many brothers and sisters I have, which is difficult to explain. Especially when I speak very little Japanese
and my Landlord speaks very little English... when I told him that it's supposed to be eight (8) of us by my father, he could not believe it... Anyway, we went to a restaurant afterward, and my landlord introd
uced me to some more of his rum head friends as he is a very heavy drinker...I don't know if he is trying to make me become like them, but if so, it not working at all... One of his friends was trying to have a conversation with me in nothing but pure, unedited Japanese... I tried to tell him several times that I don't understand the stories or whatever it is he is telling me. I don't know if he was telling mi that he can't stand his wife, or that his kids giving him trouble or even if he likes dogs...I don't have a clue what he was saying... But he kept chatting away anyway, and I simply nodded...So today was pretty much a full day and I have work tomorrow but it's not really work, it's my school's sports Festival...
Comments