Day 563 { Japan Lost Bid For 2016 Olympic } Saturday, October 3, 2009
Day 563 { Japan Lost Bid For 2016 Olympics }
Stayed in most of the day today, then in the evening, went to have dinner at my bible study presenter's house.... 2 other ALTs came as well....
So first Chicago and Tokyo, lost their bid for hosting the 2016 Olympic games. Rio de Jinero, Brazil won it hoooorayyy!!! With Madrid, Spain coming in at a distant second. As much as I wanted Tokyo to win it for my own selfish reasons (So I could at least try to attend 1 event where Jamaica would participate), I am still quite elated that Rio got it. I have several reason for this:
1) USA has hosted a few Olympic games before.
2) Japan has xenophobia problems to deal with
3) Spain has racism problems to address
4) As far as I know, Brazil has no xenophobia or race problems to deal with
5) There has never been an Olympic event in South America ever...
The only issue I have with hosting the Olympics in Rio is the whole matter of crime in that area... Hopefully Brazil will address that situation properly by then...
Stayed in most of the day today, then in the evening, went to have dinner at my bible study presenter's house.... 2 other ALTs came as well....
So first Chicago and Tokyo, lost their bid for hosting the 2016 Olympic games. Rio de Jinero, Brazil won it hoooorayyy!!! With Madrid, Spain coming in at a distant second. As much as I wanted Tokyo to win it for my own selfish reasons (So I could at least try to attend 1 event where Jamaica would participate), I am still quite elated that Rio got it. I have several reason for this:
1) USA has hosted a few Olympic games before.
2) Japan has xenophobia problems to deal with
3) Spain has racism problems to address
4) As far as I know, Brazil has no xenophobia or race problems to deal with
5) There has never been an Olympic event in South America ever...
The only issue I have with hosting the Olympics in Rio is the whole matter of crime in that area... Hopefully Brazil will address that situation properly by then...
Comments