Day 567 { Typhoon # 18 Coming } Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Day 567 { Typhoon # 18 Coming }
So on Monday while at the bible study get together thingy, I heard the presenter saying something about 1 of the visiting girls going to take a plane to China... She then mentioned that there is a typhoon down by that side, closer to Taiwan... I heard but didn't pay it much attention until YESTERDAY !!! when my friend said a typhoon is heading straight for us....
Today at work, everyone was watching the progress of the typhoon as soon as they got a break to go on the computer... The typhoon is predicted to head straight over my prefecture.. And guess what???? Everybody is expected to be at work tomorrow!!! Unless there is a dead elephant blocking the way to go to work or some other weird thing happens, we all are expected to be at work.... Actually, in the back of my mind, I would not mind a day at home :)
So on Monday while at the bible study get together thingy, I heard the presenter saying something about 1 of the visiting girls going to take a plane to China... She then mentioned that there is a typhoon down by that side, closer to Taiwan... I heard but didn't pay it much attention until YESTERDAY !!! when my friend said a typhoon is heading straight for us....
Today at work, everyone was watching the progress of the typhoon as soon as they got a break to go on the computer... The typhoon is predicted to head straight over my prefecture.. And guess what???? Everybody is expected to be at work tomorrow!!! Unless there is a dead elephant blocking the way to go to work or some other weird thing happens, we all are expected to be at work.... Actually, in the back of my mind, I would not mind a day at home :)
Comments
I hope you took video of the cyclone so we jamaicans can see how wierd it is for things to spin in the opposite direction.
Where u find info online for typhoons on that side of the world.
Here we check the National Hurricane Center [http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml]