Day 23 (My Far School) - April 11, 2008
Now its the day for my first far out school and the only thing I had to guide me was a Japanese Map (what a great help!!!)...It took me 1 hour to get there and there was no traffic on the road...that's because the route I took..no one drive on these roads... Being extremely narrow, to one side there is the precipice ...to the other...the mountain...I was hoping to God that I don't buck up on a car coming toward mi..because mi naaah reverse guh nuh weh...As these roads are 2 way roads...I don't know how such a narrow road can be 2 way... I also wanted to be certain that I was going the correct way so I asked persons where the school was and they pointed in the direction I was going....the only problem was that...you only see somebody every 15 minutes...And the people that you see look like 65 year old and over...which mean that they could be a possible 85.
I however got to work early and I taught 3 classes..they were all fun I tell you...The grade 3 and 4 classes were especially great where I didn't even had a plan for the lesson and got them singing Months of the year...January...February, March ray ray wid some rhythm lol...And its sounds nice to hear them trying to pronounce some of the words...lol
I was supposed to work from 10 - 5 but they made me leave at 4 and took pictures with me..Again I don't know if they are going to use it and say here is the new schools mascot or what but they seem to like my presence. SEEEM that is...they actually showed me a shorter route to go home without the mountains and it took me 20 minutes as against an hour to reach there...bwoy oh bwoy... and it took 20 minutes only because I took a wrong turn (u know me already)...
So I went to collect my Gaijin Card (horaay..nuh police cyah seh nutten to mi yah now)..then to the internet place then to purchase some food for my apartment...I also had dinner again at joyful. This time all by myself and a bunch a kids were there staring either in shock or horror...I felt like going on the mountain top and say... `OK YES THERE IS A BLACK MAN IN TOWN NOW ALRIGHT `...And I was going by the free drinks place which was empty then all of a sudden...several persons wanted drink while I was there...Thats the (let's see who can get closest to the foreigner game) that they were playing....
So now Japan has these strange toilets that you are supposed to do #1 and #2 in...I will do 1 in there but nooooo wayyu gonna get me do a # 2 in those...Bun wi bun out #2... lol ..you are supposed to stoop and use...Nooooo nooo noooo...that is just wrong.. what were they thinking???
Comments
ps. This is Kesha from training.
ok now to that toilet pic. how yuh do a #2 ... i mean #3 in that widout holding on to the floor?explain.
heidi
I see that you're coping just fine despite all these eccentricities.
Just to echo everybody on continuing to trust God to provide.
Jaa mata!