Day 32 - Don't try to Stop fights in Japan - Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 32 - Don't try to Stop fights in Japan

Today marks One (1) month since I`m in Japan, and as I mentioned earlier it seems like 2 years. Wow I made it through the first month, I feel good, however I have 11 more to go :( :) ... This Jamaican who going into her scond year, called me and told me that many many a persons say they are going to serve 1 year and end up in Japan 2 - 5 years...A NUH ME DAT!!!! (Update ... well I'm still here beyond 15 years hahaha).
 
Today again I did absolutely nothing except checking the internet at the cultural plaza. The main ALT in the area called me though and invited me to a dinner/send off party thing, for one of the ALTs who will be leaving this month I believe. The send-off thing will be on April 29...which is a Japanese holiday (Showa...Noo not that JLP showa)..My mom also called me and broke the silence in my apartment as well.

I got an email from one of my friends, warning me not to try and part any fights in Japan...Because one of her friends who came to Japan, was parting a fight and ended up going to jail with the guys who were fighting (note, he was not fighting)....And after spending hours in the jail (even the actual fighters came out b4 him), someone had to try and convince the police that this man wasn't involved in the fight... Well I glad I never used to be parting fight from marning. Mi tell yuh seh the Japan police dem jus need someting to do, so they make a big deal out of everything...Just like the ALT weh dem pull off her bicycle and interrogated her for hours because she borrowed her friend`s bicycle...bwoyy mi a tell yuh...

Well mi nuh have nutten more fi seh now suh later

Comments

Derri said…
Congrats genky Dave!:D