Day 35 - 1st Leg of Internet Installation - Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 35 - 1st Leg of Internet Installation

Told the principal, the VP and the Administrator at the school for today, about what happend at the school yesterday, where the girl started crying. I don`t know but they found it extremely funny. They all knew that I taught computing stuff in Jamaica so the principal says he would like if I could teach him Excel...I wonder if I should charge a fee :)

I called the company I worked for to ask them to send me a copy of an employment letter or something to prove that I work at the company...this is for my visa interview to go to Germany in July. Then my company inturn asked me to mail my driver`s licence as well as 2 other papers to them...I already gave them a copy of my driver`s licence as well as one of the papers, so I am wondering why they need them again???? I notice that many things that I already gave them, they are asking for it again I wonder why????

When I got to my apartment, the guys to install the first leg of the internet getting process had just arrived... They installed the router and some fibre optic business as well as this special machine to hear and make emergency announcements to the police, fire department etc...This is all done by the governemnt office and is free of cost...It took 3 weeks after signing up this form, for them to come and do the actual installation...Now I have to sign up another form to get the actual internet..this form is from Yahoo BB (Broad Band) and this again should take 3-4 more weeks to get done...It should be a 20 mbps connection for about 6000 yen and we get the first 2 months FREE...My connection in Jamaica was 3 mbps for about US$40 I think, equivalent to about 4000 yen.

Thats about it for today...
likkle more

Comments

shellz said…
Howdy genki Dave... wat is the time difference between there and here? its barely morning and ive noticed u've finished ur day there...
Bwoy Dave...me grudge u and the 20Mbps. What's the upload speed though? It sound like Fiber to the Home...which means latency should be very low. DAMN
Island Girl said…
I understand that the the Japanese are very good about making payments and if he is serious he would most likely offer to pay. I think you would be offering a valuable service and should receive payment. However, be careful of the terms of your contract and taking "other jobs". Be sure this man won't inform on you.