Day 107 (BBQ on the Roof) - Friday, July 4, 2008

Day 107 - (BBQ on the Roof)

This morning I drove pass my furthest school, maybe too much was on my mind. It took me 7 mins to notice that the landscape was looking a bit strange. Its the very first time I was driving pass this particular school. I got there early though and all the classes went well :) ... I heard that a little girl in my grade 3-4 class at this school, her father got killed tragically. Its alleged that he drove off a cliff into a river or something like that. No body knows if he was drunk or it was intentional or he fell asleep or what. :( :( it was very sad to hear though and tears came to my eyes. I prayed for the little girl and her family.

Today again because of my boredom and the heat....(OOhh Japan is getting very very hot now and not only hot but also humid)... I asked the vice principal if I could go in the pool. I was expecting the bag a questions and phone calls but to my surprise, the vice principal said, "yes go in", without hesitation. This time I didn't get any weird stares from the teachers, as a matter of fact, the teachers were smiling and saying sugoi sugoi (amazing) ... They were also teaching me to swim a little better than my present state. So I now can swim halfway the length of the pool :)

I planned that I wasn`t going to go anywhere tonight because I should wake up early on Saturday morning to go to Hiroshima. But my JET ALT friend called and said, "hey Dave, let's have a barbeque on top of the roof" ... Barbeques are difficult for me to resist, so I went. It was great even though there was only about 5 of us. I left there at 12 midnight then drove home and straight to bed.

Comments