Day 127 - Thursday, July 24, 2008


Day 127

I finally got back my money from HIS travel, Praise the Lord... I was suffering... I went to the bank to convert the money into Euro but they told me that they only do this on Fridays and I can only get the eurodollars into sets of 200s like 200 then 400 etc...So right now I have to go with the 200 sets but I also have to wait until tomorrow.

I went to dinner with my landlord again and he introduced me to some more people around town. There was also this Japanese girl serving there who would not stop staring me down.. This didn't look like a bad stare though like what some of the other people give me... She kept looking on me in amazement and smiling every time I spoke... She also kept licking her lips which was quite distracting... BUT... the songwriter says "In her presence, there is" Sorry I mean "In God's presence there is fullness of joy" :) lol so I tried to gaze away as much as she was standing directly in front of me around the counter... totemo muzukashi (Very difficult)... Anyway, me and the landlord eventually went to a karaoke bar to meet more people again... I tried to sing the "bleach anime" song as well as one of the old Natuto theme songs by Asian kung fu generation in Japanese... of course I don't know a word what dem saying but I know the rhythm and I sang what I thought I heard. My voice was going away slowly though... It was FUN!!! doing it though as the Japanese were there cheering me on... Aahhh these Japanese love karaoke...

Hey the "Irashai masayyy" thing is equivalent to welcome but it literally means "Please be here".. almost anywhere you enter they will say it... even the banks, as you enter, you will hear at least 5 people shout it out...

Peace mi frens

Comments

Anonymous said…
Come on Dave...what true anime fan can't sing an Asian Kung Fu Generation song? I once had a dream singing their song with English subtitles and the full band to back me up (^_^)V.

Then again I also had a dream in spanish with english subtitles. I have strange dreams at times.

(K)

Popular Posts