Day 178 (Meet friend in Osaka 1) - Saturday, September 13, 2008
Day 178 (Meet Friend in Osaka 1)
Yes so I woke up at about 6 am to catch the 7:30 am bus to go to Osaka. This time I didn't have to rush. For some strange reason, I never have to rush to get in the bus to Osaka, but it's a different thing with the train. Maybe that's because if I miss the bus, I will have to wait about 3 hours for the next one, but if I miss the train it's either 30 mins or 1 hour... So I went to Osaka and met my friend from my training in March...She is from the USA and was traveling all the wayyy from another prefecture known as Shizuoka (where Mount Fuji is) which is like 3 hours away from Osaka by Shinkansen (top speed 300 km/h). My area (Niimi, Okayama) is like 3 hours away from Osaka by bus (top speed 120 km/h). I am not sure how many of my Jamaican friends in Japan would do this, even if they lived much much closer... I repeat I am not sure.....
We walked around for a while, had lunch and went on this Ferris wheel-looking thing that you can see a portion of Umeda-Osaka in. Of course, in Japan, it is almost unheard of to see a black guy and a white lady to be walking around. So even though this was Osaka, a big international city, the stares multiplied by 10. Not to mention the chuckles and looks of total surprise... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM??? Well actually, if I was walking with a white girl in my area of Jamaica, it would look strange to tell you the truth. So let me get off the Japanese case, with that particular thing.... BUT I am almost ... 100% sure that some "nuff", sorry I mean very friendly Jamaicans would possibly want to come over and say hi... Especially the males... then later on you will hear things like "blow wow, Dave have a white girl" (wow Dave has a white girlfriend) .... which might not necessarily be so.... Yeah anyway, later on we went to a Japanese concert and because it was inside a small building, the acoustics was terrible...
That all for today, likkle more
Yes so I woke up at about 6 am to catch the 7:30 am bus to go to Osaka. This time I didn't have to rush. For some strange reason, I never have to rush to get in the bus to Osaka, but it's a different thing with the train. Maybe that's because if I miss the bus, I will have to wait about 3 hours for the next one, but if I miss the train it's either 30 mins or 1 hour... So I went to Osaka and met my friend from my training in March...She is from the USA and was traveling all the wayyy from another prefecture known as Shizuoka (where Mount Fuji is) which is like 3 hours away from Osaka by Shinkansen (top speed 300 km/h). My area (Niimi, Okayama) is like 3 hours away from Osaka by bus (top speed 120 km/h). I am not sure how many of my Jamaican friends in Japan would do this, even if they lived much much closer... I repeat I am not sure.....
We walked around for a while, had lunch and went on this Ferris wheel-looking thing that you can see a portion of Umeda-Osaka in. Of course, in Japan, it is almost unheard of to see a black guy and a white lady to be walking around. So even though this was Osaka, a big international city, the stares multiplied by 10. Not to mention the chuckles and looks of total surprise... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM??? Well actually, if I was walking with a white girl in my area of Jamaica, it would look strange to tell you the truth. So let me get off the Japanese case, with that particular thing.... BUT I am almost ... 100% sure that some "nuff", sorry I mean very friendly Jamaicans would possibly want to come over and say hi... Especially the males... then later on you will hear things like "blow wow, Dave have a white girl" (wow Dave has a white girlfriend) .... which might not necessarily be so.... Yeah anyway, later on we went to a Japanese concert and because it was inside a small building, the acoustics was terrible...
That all for today, likkle more
Comments
Slip and Slide!!!