Day 184 (Watashi no Tanjobi Desu ) - September 19, 2008
Day 184 (Watashi no Tanjobi Desu)
Went to one of my Friday schools today and the kids at lunchtime said 誕生日おめでとう ... The day went pretty well as I got a couple a calls from people all over the globe... Wow, it felt good saying that :) ... My loving sister even called me twice because of the time difference with Jamaica and Japan...
While driving home, I started to get a little nervous because I was wondering how the evening was going to unfold and if all my invitees were going to show up etc...So first, after buying some stuff, I picked up 4 Alts who were coming from different parts of Okayama and dropped them off.
Went to one of my Friday schools today and the kids at lunchtime said 誕生日おめでとう ... The day went pretty well as I got a couple a calls from people all over the globe... Wow, it felt good saying that :) ... My loving sister even called me twice because of the time difference with Jamaica and Japan...
While driving home, I started to get a little nervous because I was wondering how the evening was going to unfold and if all my invitees were going to show up etc...So first, after buying some stuff, I picked up 4 Alts who were coming from different parts of Okayama and dropped them off.
The 4 persons included X who is also celebrating her birthday today (from Australia) along with our American friend XX and 2 other Jamaicans. So first order of the day was to secure the restaurant.... That went well as my Japanese friend already explained everything...So the 15 persons who confirmed, all showed up, which included 3 of my Japanese friends, my 2 Jamaican friends and everybody else being a JET ALT with the exception of one of the JET ALTS boyfriend.... It was pretty good but I ordered too much food, so much so that I could not eat off all of it... We spent about 2 hours at the restaurant then we headed off to karaoke...It was funnn man...Thanks so much guys for making the day a wonderful 1 for both me and X as I do believe she enjoyed herself as well... About 18 of us were at karaoke and thanks a million O and OO for booking and securing the room for us :-D it was GREAT!!!.... We could see the clear clear cultural differences in the songs that were chosen though as well as our reaction to the songs we like...
The Jamaicans being very loud and active, when it was our time to sing Shaggy's long time song "girl you are my angel" and one song from Sean Paul... While the majority of my white friends and the Japanese were wondering what the heck was going on, except for O and OO who seem to know these songs...
The majority of the Americans, not counting my Chinese/American friend...sang some songs that we Jamaicans and possibly the Japanese, had no clue about, and they were a bit sedated in their posture....The same goes for when the Japanese are singing their songs, both the Jamaicans and most of the Americans were dumb to it...That's with the exception again of O and OO who know Japanese pretty well and also kind of listen to hip hop and reggae.... I remember when OO I think it was, chose a song by linkin park and jayz I think, which so happened to be a song that the Jamaicans knew.....Ohh bwoyyy.... The Jamaicans were singing along with OO and everybody else in the room was in shock and awe.....I can't believe 2 hours ended so quickly...It ended so quick that about 6 or 5 of them stayed back while me and the others went home... This was my first time ever, celebrating my birthday outside of Jamaica...
The Jamaicans being very loud and active, when it was our time to sing Shaggy's long time song "girl you are my angel" and one song from Sean Paul... While the majority of my white friends and the Japanese were wondering what the heck was going on, except for O and OO who seem to know these songs...
The majority of the Americans, not counting my Chinese/American friend...sang some songs that we Jamaicans and possibly the Japanese, had no clue about, and they were a bit sedated in their posture....The same goes for when the Japanese are singing their songs, both the Jamaicans and most of the Americans were dumb to it...That's with the exception again of O and OO who know Japanese pretty well and also kind of listen to hip hop and reggae.... I remember when OO I think it was, chose a song by linkin park and jayz I think, which so happened to be a song that the Jamaicans knew.....Ohh bwoyyy.... The Jamaicans were singing along with OO and everybody else in the room was in shock and awe.....I can't believe 2 hours ended so quickly...It ended so quick that about 6 or 5 of them stayed back while me and the others went home... This was my first time ever, celebrating my birthday outside of Jamaica...
Comments
Me know seh me late, but anyway:
Happy birtday tooo yoouuu
Yu put yu han inna di doodoo
Dont waste it! Just taste it!
Happy birtday tooo youooooooooo!!!!!
:D
Glad you had a good one!
Latoya
Hey, Happy Birthday Dave and God bless you.