Day 194 { Cold in September } - Monday, September 29, 2008
Day 194 { Cold in September }
This place is soo strange. I mean its only September and the thermometers are reading 12 degrees celsius and there about. It is already getting cold and it's not even October yet. I am starting to worry about what December and January are going to be like. So this winter will have a profound effect on whether I stay here another year or not.
Today I forgot my worksheet paper that should be stamped everyday by a teacher, the principal or the vice-principal. This paper is proof that I attended that school, for the required amount of time, for that day, and should be faxed to the company I work for by the end of each month. Tomorrow is the end of the month and if I don't have every day stamped, then I won't be paid in full.. So I am going to have to either come back here tomorrow morning or evening, get the stamp then fax it off... Yes, so after teaching the 3 classes today, it wasn't so boring because my main school give me a laptop to use. I am wondering though if they have a problem with me on it so long because, I am like glued to the screen when I am through teaching for the day.
After work, I ran home then to Bible study. I was told by the Bible study leader that I was invited to give a talk about myself and Jamaica at a place in Okayama city on Sunday, October 12. I guess there will be a translator as well because I am pretty sure that these people don't speak English that very well.
This place is soo strange. I mean its only September and the thermometers are reading 12 degrees celsius and there about. It is already getting cold and it's not even October yet. I am starting to worry about what December and January are going to be like. So this winter will have a profound effect on whether I stay here another year or not.
Today I forgot my worksheet paper that should be stamped everyday by a teacher, the principal or the vice-principal. This paper is proof that I attended that school, for the required amount of time, for that day, and should be faxed to the company I work for by the end of each month. Tomorrow is the end of the month and if I don't have every day stamped, then I won't be paid in full.. So I am going to have to either come back here tomorrow morning or evening, get the stamp then fax it off... Yes, so after teaching the 3 classes today, it wasn't so boring because my main school give me a laptop to use. I am wondering though if they have a problem with me on it so long because, I am like glued to the screen when I am through teaching for the day.
After work, I ran home then to Bible study. I was told by the Bible study leader that I was invited to give a talk about myself and Jamaica at a place in Okayama city on Sunday, October 12. I guess there will be a translator as well because I am pretty sure that these people don't speak English that very well.
Comments
Peace
Stephen J
Big up yuh chest and deal wid di likkle cowl noh man!! :-)
Ok here's a tip, start layering..start wearing extra pieces of clothing especially underthings (remember the long-johns your friend told you about on Facebook?)to keep your body warm. I found I was able to deal with Winter overseas by going into the season, and just keep adding warmer pieces as the weeks went along. I never got the flu the whole time. Well until I took the Flu shot and that made me feel lousy for about 2 weeks.
You'll enjoy it I'm sure.
Later,
Marvia