Day 438 { Work On Sunday / Xenophobia in Japan } Sunday, May 31, 2009
Day 438 { Work On Sunday / Xenophobia in Japan }
I can't believe that there is even a bar in my prefecture on the "don't want foreigners here" list. http://www.debito.org/roguesgallery.html#Kurashiki
Well I hope for the best here and hope that I never experience any blatant racism stuff. I get the stares and that's it so far...
Went to work today, just like last year this time... My main school has the first Monday in June as their holiday, and the Sunday before that as a normal school day. This day is an open day where parents would come and watch me teach.... There were only 2 men among the parents, and when the class was over, I made a hasty retreat. Eventually, they called me to attend this session afterward, where a blind Japanese guy and a lady, sang some songs while he played the piano. Many of the stuff I didn't understand so I was falling asleep every now and again...
Well I hope for the best here and hope that I never experience any blatant racism stuff. I get the stares and that's it so far...
Comments