Day 450 { Karate Surprise / Drinking With The Teachers / A 17 Year Mistake} Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 450 { Karate Surprise / Drinking With The Teachers}

Played football with the kids after lunch today. And afterward, I was sweating profusely. That's partly because the place is getting extremely hot now.... But it was fun!!!

Karate Surprise
After work, I went to karate. I was surprised by the English-speaking sensei who told me to go in front of all the students and other senseis and perform what I have already learnt.... Ohh boy... I was in no way expecting this at all.... But I did it.... and my sensei said I did pretty well, except that my turns were a little off...... The foot movements to do the turns are a little difficult for me now.... And all of this takes a huge amount of concentration.... I forgot the name of the karate routine that I was to perform.



D
rinking With The Teachers
After karate, I went drinking with 2 teachers from the school I went to today, just to immerse myself more in my city and get to know more people in the area.... When I got to the bar, I saw 3 more teachers from my main school at the bar.... They were just as surprised to see me just like how I was surprised to see them.... Now, all of them want to invite me out to drink.... hmmm .... I have no plans to take this as a habit like them... As it seem most Japanese men drink themselves to oblivion every weekend... Some, maybe every single day...



Comments