Day 51 - Principal Playing Hide and Seek - Friday, May 9, 2008
Day 51 - Principal Playing Hide and SeekWent to my furthest school today and had three classes. It takes 45 minutes of none stop driving to get to this school on some serious small, winding roads. After my 3 classes I had nothing to do and was almost falling asleep at my desk, so I went outside and watched the kids do P.E. I eventally started to kick the football and some students joined me. After kicking the ball with the students and feeling sorry for myslef being this big gray man kicking ball with the kids, a who dat mi si fly pass mi a play hide and seek wid di pikney dem??? Nuh di Principal?? I could not believe my eyes...
The principal was speeding down the corridor running after the kids playing hide and seek as well as hit and run...Aaah bwoy...Even after I was leaving to go home, the principal was very much into the games with the kids..I of course stopped feeling bad instantly...Is this even slightly possible in Jamaica??? Or anywhere else as a matter of fact???
After going home and resting a bit, I went to another ALT get together where about 8 of us met together at another ALTs place...again we chatted, ate and played this game name Apples to Apples...It is very American but quite interesting...One of the females from America, decided to get up in the middle of the game and then slipped and fell on the floor heavily...She spilled wine on the floor and got some of the cards wet with the wine...I heard she has a tendency to fall in every apartment she go into........
A couple of the other ALTs decided to go to karaoke about 1:30 am in the morning but this was all the younger ALTs it seem...The older ALTs (myself included) thought we were just too tired to go anywhere else. Bwoyyy mi a get old...
Michelle and Royalty...From the picture on the blog yesterday, we were playing a game where the kids should guess which month I handed to the teacher... The teacher would give them a hint in Japanese and then they would say the month in English..
.
Laterz.
Comments