Day 55 - Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Day 55
When I got to the school for today, I was greeted by several jubilant kids saying "Dave sensei, Dave sensei"...and teachers with smiling faces....I was like wow, are people this happy to see me? Well this was maybe because they haven't seen me for 2 weeks due to the golden week business last week and the holiday the Tuesday b4 that... Hey, I would be happy to see me too lol...The administrator was teaching me some new Japanese words and they were amazed by my Japanese vocabulary thus far and clapping mi every now and then.... Today at the school they were having some Rice harvest ceremony right in front of the school with some of the children involved as well as the principal (why am I not surprised about the principal??)...It's a ceremony that they perform while they play the tyco drums...
Went home as school was over then ate....shortly after that some people from my car company came to hand me a document for my car....when the lady saw me she was so shocked that she took about 5 steps back instantly and unconsciously when I opened my door.... she saw the very disappointed look on my face then she tried playing it off as if she was ok....Boy the stigma of being black in Japan....shortly after this I jumped straight into my bed...Only to be awaken by a phone call from my mom...Didn't I tell you on day 53 that as soon as shi hear mi talk bout her shi going to call??? Yeah that's my mom for you...Probably the only person in the world right now I would give my life for....
X mi know mi slow but what yuh mean by "regular chameleon" I am being honest that I have no idea what this means...
XX, mi know yuh wouldn't recognize mi from yesterday's photo lol
Royalty...Thanks for the constant encouragement and contact
When I got to the school for today, I was greeted by several jubilant kids saying "Dave sensei, Dave sensei"...and teachers with smiling faces....I was like wow, are people this happy to see me? Well this was maybe because they haven't seen me for 2 weeks due to the golden week business last week and the holiday the Tuesday b4 that... Hey, I would be happy to see me too lol...The administrator was teaching me some new Japanese words and they were amazed by my Japanese vocabulary thus far and clapping mi every now and then.... Today at the school they were having some Rice harvest ceremony right in front of the school with some of the children involved as well as the principal (why am I not surprised about the principal??)...It's a ceremony that they perform while they play the tyco drums...
Went home as school was over then ate....shortly after that some people from my car company came to hand me a document for my car....when the lady saw me she was so shocked that she took about 5 steps back instantly and unconsciously when I opened my door.... she saw the very disappointed look on my face then she tried playing it off as if she was ok....Boy the stigma of being black in Japan....shortly after this I jumped straight into my bed...Only to be awaken by a phone call from my mom...Didn't I tell you on day 53 that as soon as shi hear mi talk bout her shi going to call??? Yeah that's my mom for you...Probably the only person in the world right now I would give my life for....
X mi know mi slow but what yuh mean by "regular chameleon" I am being honest that I have no idea what this means...
XX, mi know yuh wouldn't recognize mi from yesterday's photo lol
Royalty...Thanks for the constant encouragement and contact
Comments
But that’s you Dave, wid a smile on yuh face and when yuh try look serious yuh still look funny suh….
Yea dats all
Bless
Good to know u r ok and doing ur bible studies Dave. Be blessed k...peace!