Day 100 (100 Days in Japan) - June 27, 2008 (2008年6月27日)

Day 100 (100日目)

Yes my 100th day in Nihon and yes I am having this overwhelming urge to stay another year

:( :)... There are far more positives than negatives here (when compared to Jamaica), if I am looking at things from an economic point of view that is. Plus I really do enjoy my job. But it really boils down to whatever is the Lord`s will. I will keep praying about this very tough decision.

So finally after almost 3 months of going to this school every other Friday, I didn't make a wrong turn :) :) Normally I would go here from 10 am - 5pm but today was 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. My friend from England who was my team teacher at our training in Narita (Day 9) text me today and said that in the schools, the first 3 months is our honeymoon period. Thereafter, it might get a little different and difficult. If this is the honeymoon period for some people, I don't want to imagine what it will be like later on. For me, I hope it just gets better and better.

I then had yakiniku (barbeque meat) with my main school teachers. Yakiniku is wonderful (subarashi) 素晴らしい ... I decided not to drink tonight because, I would be driving to Karaoke later on, and if the police ever should stop you and you have even 0.0001% of alcohol in your system, you can go to jail and possibly get deported. It is an interesting sight to see some of my fellow senseis drunk or close to it though. At yakiniku we chatted and had a good time. They told me that I am the most sociable ALT they have ever met :):):) and they love my classes :):):) After yakiniku, I went to karaoke with my ALT friends and it was fun.

Comments

Royalti said…
Guess what, i think u should stay for another year or two Dave, what fun can u really av at a new place in just a year ah! Go for it i say!
Derri said…
What is the Lord's will? It's the daily question of our life. I pray you discern His Will and act in obedience.