Day 96 (Lesson Observation) - Monday, June 23, 2008
Day 96 - Lesson Observation
Today I was observed by about 17 persons and this was inclusive of the man who is the head of the Board of Education (BOE) in my area. The Board of Education is the people who give the contracts to our company. The schools can do nothing without their approval. I was observed at 2 of my classes. Again they had all type of video camera business and digital cameras all over the place, while they were writing down, only God knows what. A fellow ALT who is also with my company was among the persons observing me as well. I made sure to ask him at the end, what the heck are they writing down...
Today I was observed by about 17 persons and this was inclusive of the man who is the head of the Board of Education (BOE) in my area. The Board of Education is the people who give the contracts to our company. The schools can do nothing without their approval. I was observed at 2 of my classes. Again they had all type of video camera business and digital cameras all over the place, while they were writing down, only God knows what. A fellow ALT who is also with my company was among the persons observing me as well. I made sure to ask him at the end, what the heck are they writing down...
He said it has nothing to do with any evaluation thing but has more to do with the teachers, Vice principals and principals getting ideas for their schools and lessons... I was observed at a grade 1 class, which didn't go too well in my estimate, because the kids were loud and hard to manage some time. In addition to that, this is one of the teachers that love to come to me with the lesson plan 2 - 5 minutes before the class begins. Only the grade 1 and 2 teachers at this school, gwaan wid that business. I taught colours and shapes at this class. The other grade that I was observed at was grade 3, and this one went pretty well. This is the class of the English Coordinator and he is prepared most of the time. At this class I taught, "How do you feel? " ... "I am hungry, happy, sad, angry etc" I hope to get a video clip of this lesson soon to show you guys ;) it was pretty interesting.
Went to Bible study tonight and the persons there said they liked my new haircut. So why is it no one tell me that I need to get a haircut when my hair is growing out of hand??? Is it that they think I will be offended? Anyway one of the Japanese ladies at the Bible study, touched my hair and she gave the same exact reaction like the other Japanese who were brave enough to ask and touch my hair. They do this, "Woooooooooooh!!!!!" with an astonished look on their faces (The principal at my school today did the same thing to me earlier as well). My friends at the Bible study also seem to notice that I am losing weight as well. It look like I need to go on a weight gain program now then, but try to keep the fat away from my belly. ;)
I went to bed about 2:15 am on Tuesday morning because my computer crashed briefly and I decided that I would stay up all night to get it fixed.
Went to Bible study tonight and the persons there said they liked my new haircut. So why is it no one tell me that I need to get a haircut when my hair is growing out of hand??? Is it that they think I will be offended? Anyway one of the Japanese ladies at the Bible study, touched my hair and she gave the same exact reaction like the other Japanese who were brave enough to ask and touch my hair. They do this, "Woooooooooooh!!!!!" with an astonished look on their faces (The principal at my school today did the same thing to me earlier as well). My friends at the Bible study also seem to notice that I am losing weight as well. It look like I need to go on a weight gain program now then, but try to keep the fat away from my belly. ;)
I went to bed about 2:15 am on Tuesday morning because my computer crashed briefly and I decided that I would stay up all night to get it fixed.
Comments