Day 99 - Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 99

Today, the grade 3 kids taught me some more Japanese. They were teaching me the Kanji symbols for the different days of the week. These classes are interesting. They even had a short welcoming party for me where they made this contraption in which, when I pull a string, some coloured paper would fly out. They also made some tiny books and a pencil case with my name written in Romanji (Deibu) on it. How is it that these Japanese grade 3 students are so super intellegent when compared to an average Jamaican Kid??? Is it their genetics? Or is it the environment?? Or a combination of both plus some other factors... I know you do have some brilliant Jamaican kids, but these Japanese kids are like close to geniuses from early. And its not just a few of them, its most of them.



After teaching a couple more classes, I played basketball with the grade 5 and 6 kids, then track and field with the grade 2 and 3 kids. Boy this job is tiring but farrr from stressful. A senior guy with our company did say that a major aim of our job is having fun while making the kids have fun as well (even if they don't learn a thing). Before I was ready to leave and go home, I noticed this little kid started hitting the other female kids in her path, and hitting them really hard too. This was because 1 kid ran half of the distance that she did. I simply walked away and left them fighting because I plan not to part any fights in Japan, whether petty or not. As I can't forget what my friend told me about the Jamaican guy who decided to part a fight and ended up going to jail with the guys who were actually fighting. The guys who were actually fighting possibly ended up coming out of jail before him...


I drove home then went to soccer with the kids then to our usual ALT Thursday link-up. Today we had curry and Spaghetti night. As usual we played games and chatted. My Canadian/Japanese friend gave me his heater, because he will be leaving in August. He is also giving me his Catan board game. I hope when I am ready to leave (if I leave........................ Just kidding) I will be able to somehow get rid of most of the unnecessary stuff that I have here.

I read my friend's blog which I find funny... 


Well my friends, later zeen!!!

Comments

Royalti said…
May i av a link to ur friend's blog please, this sounds pretty interesting i tell u...funny actually! Send by email please!